Canada Life UK looks after the retirement, investment and protection needs of individuals, families and companies. We help to build better futures for our customers, our intermediaries and our employees by operating as a modern, agile and welcoming organisation.
Part of our parent company Great-West Lifeco, Canada Life UK has operated in the United Kingdom since 1903. We have hundreds of respected and supported employees committed to doing the right thing for our customers and colleagues.
Canada Life UK is transforming to create a more customer-focused business by providing our customers with expertise on financial and tax planning, offering home finance and annuities propositions, and providing collective fund solutions to third party customers.
To support the transformation and the future growth of the business within the Insurance division, we now need an Actuarial Assistant to work in the Protection Pricing team to assist in the delivery of competitive and fair pricing for our customers.
This is a permanent position and can be located either in our Bristol or Isle of Man office.
• Assist in the production of regular pricing reports in accordance with Canada Life’s policies and standards for the protection products.
• Develop pricing models and update quotes system ensuring in line with change control processes.
• Analyse profitability and mix of business written against plan targets.
• Assist in the risk assessment of product and terms & conditions developments.
• Assist in the continuous review and improvement of the department’s processes and procedures to ensure the provision of timely, accurate and efficient levels of service and ensure that documentation is kept up to date.
• Actively studying for the actuarial exams and making acceptable exam progress, as determined by the company.
Desired Knowledge / Experience / Skills
- Graduate or actuarial student with at least three A levels (or equivalent) and a degree (2:1 or higher), ideally in mathematics or another numerate subject.
- We are looking for excellent communicators with strong problem solving skills. Successful candidates will be motivated to maintain our strong record in the challenging professional examinations.
• Strong numerical aptitude and attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills both written & verbal.
• The ability to analyse, identify and comment on variances and trends in business performance data.
• Ability to communicate well at all levels both written & orally.
• Ability to work in an organised and efficient way to meet monthly and quarterly departmental deadlines.
• Able to work in a team and towards targets.
• Enthusiastic and confident approach to new challenges and drive to develop technical and functional expertise and awareness of the business.
• The ability to multitask and manage multiple demands in an efficient way
• Ability to use own initiative
• Flexible approach with the ability to work under pressure and manage time efficiently between work commitments and study
• Ability to expresses views/ideas clearly, logically in written and oral form
What you’ll like about working here
As a Canada Life UK colleague, you’ll receive a competitive salary and comprehensive reward package including income protection, private medical insurance and life assurance, along with a generous pension and bonus scheme. You’ll also receive the support you need with your personal and professional development.
Diversity and inclusion
Canada Life is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer of choice is to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences