VP / AVP, Infrastructure Engineer, Technology Services - Regional Infrastructure Management, Technology & Operations
The Regional Infrastructure Management (RIM) supports deployment of strategic initiatives, such as virtualization, resiliency, optimization capabilities and other infrastructure services consistently across our key Asian markets (namely, Hong Kong, China, Taiwan, India and Indonesia) and international centres. The team sets target standards for core processes, across the locations, to achieve quality and control in governance and process standardization. Working closely with the respective country IT infrastructure heads, the team is jointly responsible for overall infrastructure governance.
RIM is part of the Group Technology Services team that supports the Bank's core infrastructure across the globe and owns the key IT service management processes. Responsibilities
- Jointly accountable for the execution of IT infrastructure projects, ensuring that the projects are delivered to meet the required technical standards and business case, as well as operational success criteria.
- Provide hands-on technical support to the countries, which includes deploying, configuring, testing and setting up of IT components and technical environment, when necessary.
- Provide report analysis to unit and country IT heads to support accountability in operations and project work, this includes analysis of operational trends in the countries.
- Understand the operating environment in the countries, with the objective of standardizing and streamlining key processes, as well as operating and costs optimization opportunities.
- Maintain key relationships with technology organisations, at head office, countries and vendors collaboratively to develop solutions to address operational issues.
- RUN PROJECTS - Assist in the deployment of virtualization and other initiatives. Collaborate with team members and bank-wide Engineers to perform assigned tasks. Share ideas, projects, and best practices and help create a collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
- MAINTAIN SECURITY - In accordance with Bank's security directives, deploy, maintain, and enhance the security of all infrastructure systems through administrative, preventive, detective, and reactive controls, such as change and configuration management, anti-virus measures, patch management, and system scans. As well as joint accountability over risks and controls posture in the locations.
- PROVIDE TECHNICAL LEADERSHIP - Prepares technical project plans. Develop solutions to business requirements, technical problems and/or engineering of systems/applications. Collaborates with bank-wide engineering and other forums to develop technical solutions and enhancements. Assists in developing the technical skills of less-experienced peers. Share ideas, projects, and best practices and help create a collaborative, team-oriented work environment.
- Non-Technical Experience
- Good interpersonal and communication skills - spoken and written
- Good planning and other project management skills, including strong organisation skills
- Must be solutions oriented; ability to work with all levels of management and staff
- Self-starter, performance-oriented individuals preferred
- Technical Experience
- Extensive hands-on knowledge of information systems architectures across a variety of implementations, manufacturers, and architectures including routing/switching, high density computing, virtualization, SAN, SDN, QoS, WAN, enterprise systems management, security systems, end-user device fleet, communications technologies, data centre, wireless technologies, and advanced fibre optic.
- Strong technical hands-on operational experience in any of the following specialization: network, virtualization technologies, server management (Windows, Linux, etc.), SAN, data centres, or open-source software.
- Minimum 6 - 14 years of experience in related field.
- Professional memberships, technical and virtualization certifications would be considered favourably, e.g., VMWare, Red Hat, AWS, MCSE, CCIE, CCNA, CCNP, CISSP, CCSP, BCNE, BCNP, or equivalent, such as,
- VMware certifications
- Agile certifications
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.