VP, System Monitoring, Group Infrastructure & Platform Services
Posting Date: 12-Oct-2020
Location: Alexandra, Singapore, SG
Company: United Overseas Bank Limited About UOB
United Overseas Bank Limited (UOB) is a leading bank in Asia with a global network of more than 500 branches and offices in 19 countries and territories in Asia Pacific, Europe and North America. In Asia, we operate through our head office in Singapore and banking subsidiaries in China, Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand, as well as branches and offices.
Our history spans more than 80 years. Over this time, we have been guided by our values - Honorable, Enterprising, United and Committed. This means we always strive to do what is right, build for the future, work as one team and pursue long-term success. It is how we work, consistently, be it towards the company, our colleagues or our customers. About the Department
The Technology and Operations
function is comprised of five teams of specialists with distinct capabilities: business partnership, technology, operations, risk governance and planning support and services. We work closely together to harness the power of technology to support our physical and digital banking services and operations. This includes developing, centralising and standardising technology systems as well as banking operations in Singapore and overseas branches. Job Responsibilities
In this role, you will be part of the team responsible for managing and maintaining the monitoring infrastructure that covers Mainframe, AS/400, UNIX and Windows, Network devices running Production and Development environments in Singapore and Overseas Subsidiaries
- Provide leadership in implementation, support and management of the Enterprise Monitoring tools to meet the business requirements of the Bank.
- Ensure all relevant infrastructure and services are properly covered within the monitoring and alerting systems in a manner consistent with the Banks' standards; collect the right metrics at the right frequency and ensure the data is readily available for effective alerting, reporting, and analysis
- Collaborate with a cross-functional team of dev, ops, and architects to understand complex application architectures in order to implement an effective top-down monitoring strategy for holistic service visibility
- Identify and resolve problems relating to service operations and to prevent their recurrence using different methods of automation
- Troubleshoot and resolve complex issues with monitoring tools and ensure high availability
- Participate in strategy and future implementation discussions for the redesign and implementation of the monitoring environment to modernize with latest technology trends.
Be a part of UOB Family
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field. At least 10 years of IT experience of which at least 5 years' experience in similar role, ideally in a financial institution.
- Experience with setting up and running performance monitoring and alerting tools
- In-depth knowledge and hands-on experience implementing ITRS Geneos (preferred) or any other leading APM tool
- Experience with Real End User Experience, Code Level Diagnostics, DB Diagnostics, Synthetic Monitoring
- Basic development or scripting experience such as Java, C++, PowerShell, Python, Ruby or Perl
- Good understanding or experience in supporting multiple platforms (Mainframe, AS400, Unix, Windows, Linux) is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills; good communication skills and strategic thinking
- Able to work independently on individual assignments, while collectively with a team on larger projects
- Strong understanding of multi-tier application architectures and application runtime environments
- Familiarity with workflow management and ITSM tools such as Remedy or ServiceNow
- Good understanding of Agile (Scrum or Kanban) and implementation of same in real world along with exposure to associated tool sets (JIRA/Confluence)
UOB is an equal opportunity employer. UOB does not discriminate on the basis of a candidate's age, race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or other non-merit factors. All employment decisions at UOB are based on business needs, job requirements and qualifications. If you require any assistance or accommodations to be made for the recruitment process, please inform us when you submit your online application.
Apply now and make a difference.