Technology Implementation Head, Custody & Funds Services Technology, Asia
The Technology Implementation Head, Custody & Funds Services Technology, Asia manages multiple teams through other managers. A good understanding of the industry, direct competitors' products and services, is also necessary in order to contribute to the commercial objectives of the business. Requires thorough understanding of strategic direction of the function within the relevant part of the business, combined with a solid conceptual/practical grounding in both the function and/or area of expertise and related subject areas. Excellent communication skills required in order to negotiate internally, often at a senior level. Some external communication/negotiation may be necessary.
Responsible for executing functional strategy in area managed. Determines approach to implementing functional strategy. Accountable for end results, budgeting, planning, policy formulation and contribution to future strategy of the area(s). Impact reflects size of team managed, strategic influence on the business and interaction with other functions or businesses. Full management responsibility for multiple teams, including management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary actions and terminations and budget approval. May be doing involved or responsible for diverse (cross-discipline) activities. Responsibilities:
Experience & Qualifications:
- Manage the Asia based technology organization and be responsible for the budgets and head counts in the region both direct & on matrix basis.
- Drives intake, integration and delivery management for all internal strategic projects
- Development Quality and Control - Focus on application stability and ensure processes are repeatable and applications scalable
- Risk & Control - Be responsible for and lead risk & control related activities.
- Client Delivery - Plan and deliver multiple client onboarding/enhancement programs with a goal towards 100% on-time on-budget delivery
- Solid architecture principals combined with creative solutioning to meet external client needs;
- Limit vendor software use while managing vendor relationships & vendor SLA's
- Provide oversight to external client on-boarding initiatives;
- Execute transformational initiatives, act as a change agent (Simplify Architecture & Optimize Operations)
- Multiyear, multi-location, multi team, complex initiative delivery experience
- Ability to foster a spirit of teamwork that enables open discussion of different ideas, conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, support, and working effectively together.
- Strong technology leadership background and closely involved with evolving technologies
- Strong experience in a fast paced financial services firm understanding the fiduciary responsibilities, with background and knowledge across Custody, Fund Services and Fund Management technologies including platform consolidation and maintenance
- Strong software development & systems integration background requirement; Must be able to drive end to end QA and Control Standards
- Prior experience in simplifying technology architectures and running large scale projects to completion
- Self-driven, acts with an extreme sense of urgency and passionate about delivering.
- Ability to work through influence across all levels of the organization
- Meticulous planner with a tremendous attention to detail. Manage through complexity and dependency
- 15+ years experience in a related technology role with commensurate people management experience
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required. Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Technology Project Management Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting