TTS - Regional Cross Border Payments Voyager Product Manager - Vice President
Treasury and Trade Solutions (TTS) provides award-winning integrated cash management and trade finance services to multinational corporations, financial institutions and public sector organizations across the world. The TTS Asia business was recently awarded Euromoney's Best Transaction Bank in Asia given our leading capabilities, solutions and depth of client relationships across 15 markets in Asia Pacific.
Project Voyager is the Global Initiative to transform the Cross Border Payments business architecture, and combine the two existing cross border products - WorldLink and CBFT (Cross Border Funds Transfers) - into a single client-centric service. This involves infrastructure improvements, development and access to alternative payment methods, enhancements to the operating model, and targeting adjacent and complementary services.
The Asia Regional Cross Border Payments Voyager product manager will be responsible for the development, rollout and execution of our Cross Border Payment Voyager Project across Asia. This involves improvements to the Channel, Processor, Disbursement, Service and CBFT models. For Asia, these innovations include CNH as a WL funding currency, Electrifying the Network (Instant and Same Day FX), Extending the Network (Instant Payments, eWallets, Cards), developing the Beneficiary Services solution, Intra Citi Instant Payments, FX eDocs commercialization, HubFX for Incoming CBFT payments, Extending CBFT into CBXXX services.
The core objective of this role is to develop, rollout and commercialise robust and innovative cross border payment solutions in Asia, in line with the global Project Voyager roadmap, to enable our clients to optimize their FX payments, and grow Citi's transactional FX and fee revenues.
In line with the Project Voyager rollout schedule, by working with the Global and Country product teams, the Regional Cross Border Payments Voyager product manager will develop client-centric standards, which will then be translated into consistent product enhancements, which will drive our Digital Payment Initiatives, and extend our Cross Border Payment Global Network capabilities.
The product manager will also play a key role, working with Sales and Markets, in originating Transactional FX Payment flow opportunities.
The Cross Border Payments Voyager product manager will work with our Domestic Payments and Receivables product partners to ensure we can extend our instant payment solutions as cross border offerings, in line with Project Voyager timelines. The product manager will also work with our Commercial Cards product partners to develop a cohesive, integrated cross border payments and VCA service. The product manager will work with our Channel product partners to maximize the connectivity options (including API).
The TTS and FXLM Partnership is key for the Cross Border Payments business and the product manager will be working alongside our FX partners to deliver holistic TFX solutions for our clients, in line with the Project Voyager architecture.
Finally, it is expected that the Cross Border Payments Voyager product manager will work collaboratively with the Citi Innovation Lab to better harness data as a value-add for our clients, and to deploy design thinking to develop innovative cross border services.
He/she will bring deep product expertise and exceptional execution discipline to drive competitive differentiation in the cross border payments space, through the ability to:
- Successfully deliver and execute on our cross border payments Voyager strategy in APAC
- Articulate the Project Voyager product development prioritization for our cross border payments products
- Understand and anticipate evolving client needs across APAC, ensuring our cross border payments roadmap delivers continuous and commercially relevant innovation
- Work seamlessly with the Regional eFX team to ensure appropriate transactional FX payment capabilities are developed, rolled out and commercialised
The role will require working closely and extensively with Global and Country Cross Border Payment teams, the Regional eFX team, Asia Pacific Operations and Technology, and key partners in Sales, Implementation, and Service, to optimize delivery of Cross Border Payments Voyager functionality and develop market strategies for new flows and segments, while maintaining a pristine risk and control environment.
Cross Border Payments in Asia Pacific is a key growth driver for Citi's cash business and a critical component of Citi's differentiated network versus competitors.
Asia Pacific is a region with vibrant transformation in digital payment systems, and along with the growth of innovative ecommerce companies and digital players, presents an exciting opportunity to drive cross border payments growth, innovation and development of our solutions for clients. It is incumbent on the Cross Border Payments business to capture and convert these opportunities.
The business objective is to accelerate our revenue growth in a sustainable manner over the next several years, which will require executing these growth and transformation priorities successfully. Key responsibilities:
- Lead the prioritization and implementation of Project Voyager Cross Border Payment and Transactional FX payment enhancements across Asia Pacific, working with key global, regional and country stakeholders. Develop and drive strategic innovation in all components of the product platform, to deliver solutions that increase scale, competitive differentiation and commercial relevance to clients
- Communicate Project Voyager strategic roadmap and value proposition clearly with clients, our sales teams and our internal partners.
- Develop deep product expertise to support a rapidly changing business environment for Citi and its clients.
- Oversee the regulatory, risk and compliance of Cross Border Payments products and solutions in APAC. Engage with AML, Auditors, Risk Managers, New Product Approval Committee members, Legal, Compliance officers and other individuals as needed in order to maintain a pristine risk and control environment for these new solutions.
- Serve as subject matter expert for sales to help review client needs, solutioning, pricing, and present recommendations and proposals with respect to Cross Border Payment solutions, assist in implementation and serve as liaison with internal and external partners/ stakeholders to resolve complex client issues.
- Systemically evaluate opportunities to digitize product offering end-to-end and improve existing solutions to increase overall client satisfaction and ensure scalable service and support model.
- Senior role within a fundamental, core and dynamic product for TTS in a critical and growing region with deep and interesting markets critical to global clients
- Responsibility to manage a material and significant transformation of the TTS business in a very competitive and evolving market space
- Will develop detailed knowledge of a complex end-to-end business, and a range of skills across multiple facets of product development, business management, P&L management and Risk & Control.
- Relationship building: will build important client relationships across each client segment, relationships across country and global product leads.
- At least 6-8 years experience in cash management/cross border payments business
- Minimum with Tertiary Education
- Strong knowledge of product management disciplines
- Experience and knowledge across all components of FX Payments preferred (e.g. operations, technology, client delivery, risk, market management, sales, fx booking, and/or business management experience)
- Prior FX business experience is preferred
Job Family Group:
- Strong product development and delivery expertise to drive successful implementation of a range of new payments solutions
- Exceptionally disciplined and structured execution skills
- Strategic experience to develop vision for product roadmap and assessing most attractive client opportunity areas
- Strong analytical skills to prioritize opportunities, quickly distill complexity to most critical components and analyze wide range of information, draw conclusions and communicate data-driven findings
- Problem solving and solutioning skills to drive disciplined execution
- Strong communications skills given the very wide range of cross-functional engagement required for success
- Strong technical knowledge preferred
Implementation Job Family:
Technical & Network Build Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting