Sr. Research Analyst - I
The candidate will liaise with internal product experts and assist in publication of Aromatics & Fibers reports. Candidate will also provide analytical support to the product experts and have the responsibility to update relevant database and be able to create and modify relevant charts and tables required in the reports. Candidate will also work on preparing top class presentations that the product experts use for client discussions and business development.
The candidate is expected to have the ability to take on the role of a product expert when required for the Aromatics / Fibers product chain and provide regular analysis for these products. This involves interacting with clients on a regular basis for market discovery and delivering our analysis. Additional Description Essential Functions:
This job scope moves across 2 roles within the Aromatics / Fibers team.
a) Analyst support
1. The job involves liaising with the regional product experts and publishing reports on weekly and monthly basis.
2. Update the charts and tables that get published in the report on a routine basis. Own the responsibility to update the capacity and price database.
3. Prepare top class presentations for the product experts that will be used for Client meetings, Conferences and other business development initiatives.
4. Respond to client data requests.
b) Product Expert
1. Interact with market participants for price and news discovery for selected product from the Aromatics / Fibers portfolio.
2. Work on supply - demand dynamics of the focus product - both short term & long term.
3. Meet clients and update on outlook for concerned products, assess client needs for IHS Markit products.
3. Promote IHS Markit expertise on the value chain and be responsible for commercial growth of the service. Requirements:
1. Personable interface at multiple levels within the organization
2. Cooperatively work across the organization at multi levels to efficiently and effectively utilize the resources and knowledge base available in a team approach.
3. Communicating internationally with consultants in other world regions in multiple time zones effectively.
4. Bachelor's Degree, preferably in engineering or sciences.
5. Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint
6. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
7. Excellent analytical and organizational skills
8. Fluency in English and Knowledge of Mandarin (Chinese) are essential.
9. Attention to detail is pre-requisite for the job.
10. Minimum 6 - 8 years of experience in related role. Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.