Software Developer (Java)
Introduction to the role:
Our Client delivers digital solutions and services to our Futures and Cleared Derivatives clients. Their team is responsible for the daily delivery of reporting and analytics to our clients, both through programmatic touch points and through a digital portal. Our Client works with engineers, product managers, client relationship managers and salespeople to transform client experiences to improve efficiency and enable new revenue streams. As part of a broader strategy, they are in the process of re-engineering their APIs and services to modernize their client offering and deliver a best-in-class digital solution. This will allow our client to iterate on client requirements at a faster pace and ensure our business maintains its competitive advantage.
As a full stack engineer within the team you'll be responsible for designing, implementing, reviewing and testing a variety of scalable applications leveraging the latest firm wide technologies. You will be expected to implement and suggest best development practices/methodologies to deliver high quality software throughout the development stack. Our client's team are agile, global and diverse and welcome fresh perspectives. You'll be expected to collaborate with engineers in their team and in adjacent teams and other stakeholders to ensure the solutions continue to drive businesses forward. How You Will Fulfill Your Potential:
You will work within the global team to support both regional and global deliveries.
Skills And Experience our Client is Looking For:
- You are flexible and will be able to seamlessly transition between different aspects of the technical stack.
- You have effective problem-solving coupled with strong analytical and technical skills.
- You will develop integrated scalable solutions across components utilizing micro-services, REST frameworks, APIs, ETL frameworks.
- You will contribute to the migration of our digital platform from a legacy system to a new, green field system. Project will include both back end and front end, so you will have the ability to develop either or both skills sets.
- You will contribute to the creation and maintenance of system documentation.
Must have strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills and be comfortable multi-tasking, and working as part of a global team.
- Must have minimum 1year hands-on development experience.
- Must have knowledge of SDLC practices such as Git, Maven, Mockito, Junit etc.
- Technical Skills - Demonstrates strong technical skills required for the role, pays attention to detail, takes initiative to broaden their knowledge and demonstrates appropriate technical/analytical skills.
- Drive and Motivation - Successfully handles multiple tasks, takes initiative to improve their own performance, works intensely towards extremely challenging goals and persists in the face of obstacles or setbacks.
- Teamwork - Gives evidence of being a strong team player, collaborates with others within and across teams.
- Communication Skills - Communicates what is relevant and important in a clear and concise manner and shares information/new ideas with others.