Senior Corporate Counsel - Tableau
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Legal Job Details Position Summary:
The Senior Corporate Attorney position is a commercial business lawyer role that will play a valuable role in the company's Legal Department. The position will primarily support Tableau's sales and services teams in APJ, as well as provide support for general business matters.
The Senior Corporate Attorney will draft and negotiate a wide-variety of technology-related agreements, including software and SaaS licenses, support and maintenance terms, and professional services agreements. The Senior Corporate Attorney will also provide advice on various technology issues, such as privacy, intellectual property ownership, licensing and general business matters. They must have general familiarity with licensing models, technology platforms and privacy law.
As a self-starting, experienced communicator and problem-solver, this candidate must be able to prioritize effectively, make sound business decisions in a fast-moving environment and drive issues to resolution.
Some of the things you'll be doing include...
Who you are...
- Draft, review, analyze, and negotiate a wide-variety of contracts, including software and SaaS licenses, support and maintenance terms, and professional services agreements and SOWs
- Provide guidance and support to company's commercial and public sector teams in the review and response of RFPs and Tenders.
- Advise internal clients regarding legal and business issues, including identifying, managing and communicating risks and opportunities associated with specific agreements, product initiatives, events and promotions.
- Provide project management and training in relevant areas.
- Collaborate with the company's operations, engineering, information technology, and other groups to understand the company's business, and financial and risk management objectives.
- Consistently anticipate, communicate and propose mitigation strategies for potential risks in contractual, regulatory, compliance, financial and legal areas.
- Conduct various additional other legal and ad hoc projects as required.
- Experienced. Relevant experience working with commercial agreements including drafting, negotiation and analysis. In-house technology company experience preferred.
- Domain. Experience working in technology law, including familiarity with licensing models, technology and privacy (including GDPR and other APJ Privacy Laws)
- A True Team Player. You're the best at what you do and you know how to work with your colleagues to get their best.
- Detail oriented. Nothing gets overlooked when it comes to you.
- Energy and Enthusiasm. You believe in what we're doing and won't stop at anything to deliver on your goals.
- Excellent Communication. Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Technically Savvy. H ighly analytical with strong problem solving abilities, and a self-directed and resourceful nature
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world
Tableau will operate independently under the Tableau brand, driving forward a continued focus on our mission, our customers and our Tableau Community. The acquisition closed on August 1, 2019, and Tableau is a wholly-owned subsidiary of salesforce.com, inc.
#LI-JL3 Accommodations -
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.