Ref: 121575 - Software Engineer
Realise your full potential with Asia's leading communications group. While we take pride in our 140-year heritage, our philosophy is to always look forward and evolve. Today, we are a leader in cutting-edge ICT innovation and digital advances, powered by a vast network of offices in countries and territories across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and the USA. Come be a part of our dynamic organisation as we create the infocomms landscape of the future.
Singtel are at the leading edge of technology development to improve the experience of our customers as they consume services across mobile, voice and data infrastructure, managed services, cloud computing, IT services and professional consulting. To support that journey we are searching for top talent and have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Software Engineer to strengthen our team.
You are a strong Java Software Engineer; you love to be hands-on the majority of the time. You are always looking for new ways to improve your backend solutions: you master the shortcuts of your favorite editor, pick up a new tools and libraries when valuable and continue learning best practices and design patterns that improve the quality of your application.
You are eager to solve technical problems. You take initiative to structurally improve the Spring Boot microservices you are working on. Together with the team, you help set and maintain quality standards and periodically raise the bar where feasible.
You build it and you own it, take charge of the service ownership by working on support tickets for troubleshooting and resolving any problems faced by our customers. Expect close collaboration with our IT service desk and service outage management teams. Perform regular reviews with our business product owner to resolve or continually improve the service across various levels, be it performance, bug fixes or enhancements to user experience. Key responsibilities:
- Contribute to Singtel's Build-Run team from design to go-live and beyond.
- Design and develop new components.
- Take ownership of the solutions, their architecture and non-functional qualities in production.
- Work as part of a Build-Run team, including teams of external vendors, developers and architects to guide and assist in delivering business requirements.
- Have close interaction with the business.
- Contribute to common development practices of Singtel DT.
- Help identify new talent in the market.
- Close collaboration with IT service desk and service outage management teams.
- Continuous improvement of technology and process.
- Work with in-house and external stakeholders.
- Move traditional software to a modern setup (e.g. Microservices / Cloud).
- Reduce complexity that has grown over time.
- Achieve results that cross department boundaries when needed.
- Combine structural improvements with continuous BAU load.
- Set, maintain and increase standards for development.
- Generate attention to long-term quality with short-term focused feature-requesters.
- Follow the "you build it, you run it" principle, sharing responsibility for the development pipeline and the final delivered software to maintain service level agreement.
- Foresee and troubleshoot problems, with focus and diligence, resolving with urgency and awareness / ownership to escalate.
- BSc in Computer Science or similar technical.
- Min 3-5 years relavant experience.
- Technical / Professional Skills:
- Backend (Spring / Spring Boot)
- RESTFUL API design
- Test Automation
- React Native
- Redux & Redux Saga
- Jest unit test
- Swift & ObjectiveC for iOS / Java & Kotlin for Android
- Appreciation of business domains in general.
- Considers Software Architecture as part of development.
If this description is exciting and you feel that you have the necessary skills and experience to make a difference, then please follow the link to apply. For more information on this and other opportunities please refer to our careers portal under https://groupcareers.singtel.com. Let's shape a better world through technology. Join us to lead the change.