Program Financial Specialist
Our client is an established investment bank. They are looking for a Program Financial Specialist to manage the financial forecast and track spending across the program. In addition, he/she is to review the financial portfolio of the whole project team to drive financial management improvements
- Projects reporting and review
- Prepare and perform monthly analysis and review of the progress of projects' status and exceptions, including highlighting areas of concerns and proposing follow up actions.
- Maintain, track and communicate regularly to management on project status and exceptions, as well as recommendations.
- Manage the financial forecast and track spending across the program
- Work closely with the various stakeholders (such as Project Management Office, Project Managers / Directors and Finance Business Partners) to resolve / escalate the exceptions.
- Project management and closure process and compliance
- to review the financial portfolio of the whole project team to drive financial management improvements.
- Review projects' budgets on a regular basis, and lead and coordinate review of projects' percentage of completion.
- Close out project accounts in upon project completion
- Ensure compliance with work processes for projects management and closure
- Review project billing write off request and cost write off request.
- Other ad-hoc projects, assignments as assigned
- Good degree in Accountancy or ACCA qualification, with minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in professional services/ Banking / IT organisations.
- Experience in managing project accounting
- Specialized in managing finances of a large scale program comprising projects
- Strong in Excel modelling and analytical skillset, including use of reporting tools.
- Inquisitive mind to question status quo and propose improvements using automation tools and improve workflows.
- Technically competent and operationally hands on.
- Proactive, meticulous and possess good time management skills
- Resourceful, highly motivated and adaptable to rapid changes