Head, T&I Productivity
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities Strategy
- The bank is about to embark on a significant multi year transformation program, focussed on targeting a reduction of $1bn of productivity and efficiency savings. Technology & Innovation (T&I) forms a core part of the banks function and has a core and key part to play within this initiative, targeting over $250m of productivity and efficiency savings over a 3 year period. An experienced, strategic and transformational focussed Executive Director is required to lead the shaping, mobilization, execution and delivery of this initiative on behalf of the Technology & Innovation (T&I) organization. The role will report into the Global Head of Transformation & Change within T&I and will liaise closely with senior Bank MT minus 1 level Managing Directors to shape and execute the program.
- The candidate will need to quickly understand the existing and also future state Technology & Innovation (T&) organization, working in partnership with the individual T&I domain transformation and productivity initiative leads such as within the Retail, Private & Wealth Management (RBPWM) and Corporate, Commercial & Investment Bank (CCIB) businesses. In addition to being able to operate pan T&I, the Productivity Head will also need to liaise and work in partnership with the Banks Group Transformation Office and the Value Capture Office (VCO) that are leading the initiative on behalf of the entire bank. The role will also need to understand the strategic direction of the T&I organization, and will be required to input and challenge the other transformation activities that are taking place such as a new Target Operating Model & Workforce Strategy within T&I. Understanding functional skills such as New Ways of Working, Agile & Activity Based Working will be core pre-requisites.
People and Talent
- Experience with leading large scale project and program management delivery, together with demonstrable experience of program and financial benefit attestation processes will be required. As part of the programs scope, T&I will be reviewing its intra journey deliveries end to end, Process Re-engineering skills, ideally based on Human Centrered Design techniques will be advantageous.
- Whilst the program will lead both direct and matrix reports, given the size, scale and complexity of the program, the ability to influence and present to key senior stakeholders will be key. Developing the talent of people working on the multi year initiative will be key as part of T&Is transformation. Resources delivering the initiatives as defined by the program will be global and the Head of Productivity will need to build a global team and capability.
- Given the size, scale and complexity of the program, large scale transformational activities will be taking place over a multi year period. Understanding and mitigating against risk will be key to keeping the bank running effectively and efficiently whilst progressing a significant change agenda. An overall understanding of the banks risk framework will be required.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Management and governance of a multi year portfolio of initiatives, including management of the programs financials, ensuring alignment to the banks project management standards and governance frameworks.
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.]
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Group Chief Information Officer
- Global Head of Transformation
- CFO, T&I
- T&I Management Team
- Global Head of Governance & Change (COO, T&I)
- T&I Domain Productivity Leads
- T&I Transformation Champions
- Value Capture Office
- Group Transformation Office
Our Ideal Candidate
- The Head of Productivity should also support the Group Head of Transformation in other streams of Transformation for T&I, including but not limited the new T&I Operating Model, Workforce Strategy & Transformation and the implementation of New Ways of Working across all of T&I.
- 8+ years experience leading large scale transformation initiatives.
- Excellent organisation and leadership skills with ability to manage multiple deadlines and effectively prioritise
- Ability to both assess strategic priorities and to focus on detailed aspects of service delivery in order to drive effective delivery
- Proven ability to lead highly complex, global, pan-bank, multi-year improvement strategies
- Highly entrepreneurial with a high level of energy, dedication and an unrelenting drive to deliver value
- Strong sense of personal ownership and responsibility in accomplishing the organisation's goal. Is confident and will roll-up his/her sleeves to drive success
- Able to get things done in a quick-paced environment. Be transparent and open around what doesn't work and what does
- Personal authority based on established trusted relationships and ability to provide advice and programme direction which is respected at the most senior levels of the Group
- Strong knowledge of the businesses, markets and operations of Standard Chartered Bank and the policies, procedures and processes through which financial crime risks are addressed throughout the Group
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications: IT related tertiary qualification
- Professional Memberships: None.
- Management / Technology consulting experience a plus but not mandatory
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.