Director, Delivery Services and Customer Success – Asia Pacific
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 16 Aug 18 2018-08-16
Director, Delivery Services and Customer Success – Asia Pacific
To manage projects and direct project team members to perform project tasks so as to deliver projects to the Agreed Project Success Criteria (PSC) of scope, budget, duration and customer satisfaction criteria. To build the knowledge of AAF consultants along with formulating training strategies for internal staff members. To manage and own the associated forecasts, budgets and manage the delivery team processes so that we drive efficiency and improvements across the globe.
The position will liaise with the Global Delivery Services Director, Regional Project manager and Delivery Services Development Manager to manage regional resource pools allocated to projects and engage with the Executive of the projects.
Some of the key objectives:
- Management of Professional Services interaction with Sales, Pre-sales and Client during the Pre-Sales process. Improving and maintaining the level of Project Success.
- Management reporting around forecast to budget and headcount requirements.
- Approval of all professional services contracts for Asia Pacific
- Working closely with local and international management to build the local teams in Asia Pacific.
- Build the knowledge in the AAF PS team and ensure that key person dependency is minimised
- Prepare draft scoping information, project definition information, pricing and project plans for implementation projects that are in pre-sales.
- Prepare final scoping information, Implementation Services Document definition information and project plans for implementation projects that have been won by FIS.
- Advise the Project Office about the need for setting up the relevant project control system information including Project Tracker (project document repository) and Helios (timesheet system).
- Manage all project staff working on projects (including internal FIS staff, contractors and also staff from other relevant FIS business units). This includes ensuring resources are allocated appropriately across all AAF projects.
- Ensure all project staff are aware of the details of tasks assigned to them including start and end dates, effort, budget, responsibilities and any relevant issues.
- Ensure all project staff follow the correct FIS project management processes including use of Project Tracker, Helios timesheet entry, Consulting Work Report production and customer engagement.
- Prepare frequent project status reports outlining project progress for both customer and FIS use (fortnightly or as agreed with client)
- Prepare and conduct frequent project meetings with the customer and FIS staff both at the project level and at the Steering Committee level.
- Plan, monitor, control and approve the expenditure of project-based time effort and professional service/expense dollars in projects, and be able to report budget consumed to date, forecast effort yet to complete, forecast variance for all projects and forecast project end dates.
- Ensure Project Managers keep up-to-date project plans for projects.
- Manages issues that are raised during projects and assesses risks to projects and works to mitigate these risks.
- Manage changes that are requested or required in the project and negotiate additional commercial terms for these changes with the Customer, Stakeholders (internal and external), and FIS staff.
- Manages the quality of project processes and project deliverables to customers via inbuilt quality mechanisms and quality reviews.
- Act as second point of contact for all project related matters for the customer and FIS.
- Escalate project issues to Global PS Project Director inside FIS as required.
- Ensure billing to the customer is performed accurately and quickly and deal with any billing issues.
- Liaise, Plan, monitor, control and report on key aspects of project success, being scope, budget, duration and customer satisfaction.
- Prepare project review documentation and lead relevant project reviews of such projects.
- Provide written feedback on the performance of project team members during the project.
- Prepare and document information for handing control of live customers over to the Customer Services department of FIS
KEY SKILLS AND BEHAVIOUR
- High level of skill with managing people, relationships, processes, work and budgets during the project life-cycle.
- Experience in complex large financial organisations as a project manager.
- Knowledge of structured project management methodologies and project management tools used to plan and monitor project progress (MS Project application or equivalent skills preferred).
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, communication and teamwork skills and the ability to build and maintain strong relationships with senior managers, managers, staff, HR, customers and vendors.
- Excellent written and verbal skills with emphasis on negotiating, influencing, facilitating and presentation skills.
- Excellent planning, problem solving, organisation, analytical and issue resolution skills.
- Ability to work under pressure, both in terms of deliverable deadlines, but also in terms of communication with colleagues and staff under difficult situations and deadlines with their customers and projects.
- A calm, professional and assertive manner at all times is an essential requirement.
- Foster a learning environment amongst the team and focus on peer development
The likely candidate will probably be from the following backgrounds
- Relevant business experience in the leasing, retail banking or lending sector
- Direct competitor such as IDS, CHP, White Clark etc implementing the respective solutions
- Senior implementation consultant from a broader base such as banking solutions (this may mean that specific experience is not held in leasing and lending but rather other financial products)
- Working or consulting for likely clients for AAF in the leasing and lending sector
- Ability to assess client needs and clearly document requirements
- The role will require a professional level of interaction with client staff and with staff from different parts of the FIS organization on a global level, so you will need to have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Great communication skills, both verbal and written
- English speaking essential, other languages an advantage.
- Independent worker who is capable of operating with little supervision and who can use initiative in a constructive and positive way
- Must be able work under pressure to deliver resolution on a priority issues.
- The autonomy attached to this role requires an individual with initiative, curiosity and the ability to think through a problem to deliver a solution
- Commercial focus in regard to our needs and client needs
The consulting manager will required to perform the following:
- Regular reviews on performance of team members
- Regular expectation and goal setting of team members
- Regular training and personal development of team members
- Perform mid-year and end of year appraisals
- Excellent problem resolution, judgment, team building and decision making skills required.
- Manage key person risk across the region
- A working consulting manager - someone who rolls up their sleeves and gets the job done rather than mere oversight.
- Team spirit - work with other team members in a positive and supportive way
- High energy level and positive attitude
- Outcome focused
- Adaptable and versatile
With a role such as this it difficult to define exact limits on travel days, however a guide could be:
- Greater than 50%