Data Analyst, CBG Business Analytics, Consumer Banking Group
As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage. Our financial solutions are not only the best in the business - they were made just right for you. Responsibilities
- Provide ad hoc analysis and analytical insights
- Build machine learning models and work with large datasets, distributed Big Data Platforms for a variety of advanced analytics solutions across the bank ranging from recommendation engines, propensity models, customer segmentation, Graph models, Credit underwriting model, pricing and more
- Engage with business and product teams on problem formulation and create solution framework
- Present analysis findings and insights to non-technical stakeholders
- End-to-end execution from data collection, analysis, feature engineering, model development, implementation (including testing) and monitoring
- Design A/B test experiments to test the model effectiveness and analyse to identify target segments
- Test and deploy the machine learning products into production
- Build reusable code components
- Collaborate within and outside the Data Science team to leverage best practices, identify new information sources and integrate these in own solutions
- Basic understanding of using data mining, machine learning techniques and recommendation engines on large amount of data, building and implementing various statistical models
- Statistical programming skills: Programming experience in SAS (Base, Stats, Macro, EG, EM), R, Python, Spark or other statistical programming software.
- Platform and database skills: Familiarity with Hadoop, Hive. Proficient in using databases such as Teradata, Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
- Good written and oral communications skills.
- B.S. or Masters or equivalent degree in Statistics, Analytics, Applied Mathematics, Operation Research, or equivalent quantitative fields preferred. Strong mathematical and statistical background is necessary for the role.
- Industry experience ideally in e-commerce, technology, consumer banking, telecoms, retail, and/or academia with demonstrated track record of innovative research and insight generation and implementation of insights into tools/processes delivering front end business results
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.