Consumer Networks _ Associate Engineer (121015)
Realise your full potential with Asia's leading communications group. While we take pride in our 140-year heritage, our philosophy is to always look forward and evolve. Today, we are a leader in cutting-edge ICT innovation and digital advances, powered by a vast network of offices in countries and territories across Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Europe and the USA. Come be a part of our dynamic organisation as we create the infocomms landscape of the future. Key Responsibilities:
- To plan, architect and design Transmission & Access active network to meet business deliverables and network reliability objectives.
- To implement Transmission & Access active network refresh/upgrade so as to maintain Singtel's Network Technological Leadership in the local market. This includes the replacement of the various obsolete & end-of-life equipment:
- Legacy SDH & PDH nodes; end-of-life DC Rectifiers which are > 8 years old; end-of-life Batteries (> 3 years) etc.
- On the phasing out of SDH network, this includes project managing the installation of new DWDM muxes, coordinating with various stakeholders (e.g. AM, Service Provisioning, Field Force etc) on migrating out the corporate circuits from the end-of-life SDH nodes.
- Responsible for day to day Business As Usual (BAU) requests from internal stakeholders and ensure all deliveries are fulfilled within the committed CRD.
- Responsible for the planning of Transmission & Access network to track its performance metrics and take the necessary actions to address any potential network design & technical issues when it is at its infancy stage. This includes performing audit of the Transmission & Access active network, performing simulation testing in the Transmission Test Lab (to support Tenders' Proof-of-Concept testing).
- To provide the necessary engineering & technical support in the design & planning of Central Office' equipment rooms, as well as the consolidation of Central Office.
- To manage the planning & implementation of NMS/T-SDN Servers (which includes the virtualization of these servers) and the engineering of the DCN network (meant to bring the alarms from network nodes back to the NMS system).
- Documentation of various transmission & access planning guidelines & processes, which will help to facilitate training courses for new recruits or existing staff.
- Perform any other assignments as tasked by the Director.
- Diploma or ITE Cert in Communication or Electronics Engineering.
- Minimum of 2 years experiences in:
- Engineering & implementation of Transmission & Access network infrastructure (e.g. Optical DWDM, MSAN etc).
- IP & Ethernet Networking (e.g. switching and routing) working knowledge. CCNA and/or CCNP certification is a plus.
- Skill in handling specific Transmission and Data Comms & Test equipment from various vendors.
- IT skills: Basic Computers system, Client-Server architecture, Windows and UNIX/Linux Operating Systems, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software such as Office (minimum: Words, Excel and Power Point), Visio, Project.
Let's shape a better world through technology. Join us to lead the change. Note to Recruitment Agencies
- Possess excellent soft Skills like:
- Self motivated
- Ability to work independently
- Critical & analytical thinking
- Communication and presentation
- Negotiation skill
In sourcing for candidates for particular roles, the Singtel Group works only with a panel of selected recruitment agencies expressly engaged under written agreements. Even then, these agencies are only activated from time to time for specific recruitment exercises for particular roles under instructions expressly issued by a member of the Singtel Talent Acquisition team.
Except under such circumstances, no agency shall source or attempt to source any candidates for the Singtel Group. The Singtel Group will not pay nor be obliged or liable to pay any recruitment fees of any kind whatsoever to any agency where candidate CVs are submitted to the Singtel Group by such agency on an unsolicited or speculative basis.
The Singtel Group reserves all rights to directly contact any candidate to which such CVs relate without any obligation or liability whatsoever to the agency concerned (including without limitation any obligation or liability to pay any recruitment fees of any kind).