Asia Supplier Acquisition and Product Development Lead – Vice President
Asia Supplier Acquisition and Product Development Lead has to act as the regional coordinator for all of Citi's Supplier acquisition activities for Trade's Payables business. The objective of this role is to support the growth of the Payables business in Asia by leading the Supplier Acquisition function in Asia and introducing new tools/technologies for making the process simpler and smoother for suppliers. This role would also encompass leading product design ideas, product and application developments as well as partnerships and alliances to accelerate the innovation. It would be instrumental in driving the short to medium terms digital product strategy within Trade overall to future proof the business from the rapid change and disruptions in the marketplace.
The role will have significant interaction with senior management and stakeholders across Trade in region and outside and will work with various partner groups including Country Product, Innovation Labs, Operations, Technology, Channels, and Implementations etc.
This position reports to the Asia Head of Trade Product Development and is based out of Singapore
- Lead a team of Supplier Sales Managers based in the countries to deliver Supplier Acquisition goals and exceed portfolio assets targets.
- Partner with country Product team to deliver Supplier Acquisition in countries where there is no in-country supplier sales managers.
- Interface with operations & support functions to ensure supplier service delivery alignment
- Monitor supplier activity across the region to ensure maximum utilization
- Support other Regions for their Supplier Acquisition where the suppliers are based in Asia
- Create regional metrics dashboard and deliver performance report monthly.
- Drive adoption of existing proprietary & other new multi-banking Trade Client Communication Channels like: Citi Direct, MT798, APIs, DocuSign & SWIFT GPIs) including development and governance of an optimum operating framework for associated Client and Supplier on boarding onto these Channels & engagement post on boarding
- Manage rollout of client/supplier on boarding tools like OMC/TAOS/DocuSign
- Work with fintech, vendors, regulators and other industry partners to bring the outside in and forge partnerships with these stakeholders for opportunity areas with significant and rapid impact;
- Collaborate with other TTS businesses (including P&R, Channels, Account Services) with a view to leverage solutions already developed as well as develop internal partnerships for further scaling trade
- To coordinate and maintain an accurate inventory of executed and in progress initiatives (tactical, strategic and cultural changes) and projects related to Trade's digital transformation
- Participate in RFP and client kick-off pitches for Regional mandates
- Prior experience in Product Management and/or Project Management preferably in Supply Chain Finance/Payables product
- Proven Track Record of managing timebound projects or a set of FinTech experiences
- The ideal candidate must have knowledge of multiple Trade products and processes including client facing experience.
- Must possess international experience, specifically the varying country financial ecosystems
- Demonstrate sound business acumen and commercial awareness, with proactive problem solving and advocacy
- Ability to lead and influence a team based in various countries through virtual management with or without direct reporting line
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Project and Program Management skills
- Client Management
- Strong Client Experience & Service Focus, with the ability to map out client journeys
- Leadership and execution skills, including ability to drive culture change
- Technology savvy with industry level awareness of innovative tools and applications
- Ability to work within and drive broad group of stakeholders, countries, global and regional teams
- Comfortable in presenting strategic objectives to senior management, gaining support for key initiatives and then providing regular updates on the progress
- Ability to coordinate effectively in a multicultural and multiregional environment
- Can work independently (self-starter) and lead a group of resources from various teams
- Ability to achieve results through collaboration and networking
Job Family Group:
- Develop extensive knowledge about Trade business
- Ability to help shape and execute Global Trade strategy and initiatives
- Broaden network at Citi and TTS through close interaction with the Trade Senior Management and partners across ICG
- Be part of an exciting journey as we look to transform the trade business and participate in the exponential growth expected in the payables business.
Product Management and Development Job Family:
Product Development Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting