AVP, Scrum Master, Digital, Group Consumer Banking and Big Data Analytics Technology, Technology and Operations
Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Responsibilities
- Coach, train, and mentor assigned Agile teams:
- Work with each team to institute the Agile framework that best fits team activities.
- Familiarize the team with the common elements of the chosen system such as Daily Scrums and Sprint/Iteration Reviews.
- Foster cross team communication.
- Guide continuous backlog refinement with the team.
- Foster an Agile culture:
- Foster a strong and cohesive team dynamic.
- Foster trust and collaboration across all team members; make it safe to challenge, experiment and fail without fear.
- Foster continuous collaboration; continuously collaborate and communicate across all functions supporting Agile team execution.
- Promote continuous improvement at the team level for all functions.
- Give recognition for results.
- Promote and coach healthy communication in and around the team.
- Assist in training and mentoring those outside the Agile team who support and work with the team, such as Product Owner and Functional Manager.
- Support the Product Owner to ensure the Agile artifacts used by the team are healthy.
- Guide teams towards high performance.
- Collaborate with other Scrum Masters to develop and foster cross team communication.
- Assist Agile Coaches and Agile Program Managers to coach, train and educate teams, Programs (team of teams) and those surrounding the teams on the principles and practices of Agile.
- Build a coaching relationship with an Agile Coach.
- Model continuous learning.
- Participate in regional Agile groups.
- Gain an understanding of Agile-at-scale approaches and techniques.
- Protect team from external interruptions to execution.
- Facilitate team level Agile ceremonies such as Daily Stand-ups, Retrospectives, and Iteration Planning as a servant leader to the team.
- May support the Team Demo as needed.
- Maintain a healthy interaction between individual team members and teams.
- Proactively recognize conflict; facilitate conflict resolution through collaboration and consensus.
- Assist Agile Program Managers with facilitation of program increment (PI) planning.
- Track team impediments and escalate those that cannot be resolved within the team.
- Minimum 10 years of experience executing complex project.
- With proven track record of successfully implementing software programs using both Agile and traditional way of working in an enterprise environment
- Proven experience as a delivery manager or Scum Master.
- Balanced business/technical background:
- Sufficient level of technical background to provide highly-credible leadership to development teams and be able to accurately and objectively evaluate complex program risks and issues
- Excellent presentation, analytical and articulation skills
- Self-starter and extremely hands on in the management of projects
- Proven leadership skills and evidence of collaboration with customers to develop strategies and solutions of high business value
- Able to manage and work with internal stakeholders, and vendors.
- Ability to apply general organizational knowledge of the business and systems processes in problem analysis is required.
- Ability to lead and negotiate business solutions that balance technical capability, cost, and time, against business need is required.
- Must exhibit confidence and an extensive knowledge of emerging industry practices when solving business problems.
- Ability to successfully engage in multiple initiatives simultaneously is required.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and generate enthusiasm among stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently with users to define concepts, under direction of project managers is required.
- Must possess strong analytical, organizational and product management skills.
- Ability to communicate difficult sensitive information tactfully is required. Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group, executives, managers, vendors and subject matter experts is required.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.