AVP, Digital Automation Engineer
As the leading bank in Asia, DBS Consumer Banking Group is in a unique position to help our customers realise their dreams and ambitions. As a market leader in the consumer banking business, DBS has a full spectrum of products and services, including deposits, investments, insurance, mortgages, credit cards and personal loans, to help our customers realise their dreams and aspirations at every life stage. Our financial solutions are not only the best in the business - they were made just right for you.
DBS is a leading Asia bank servicing our clients for over 50 years in the 18 markets we operate in. Besides providing a comprehensive suite of financial solutions, our award-winning digital solutions are targeted at our clients as people are the heart of everything, we do in DBS. We are committed to deliver banking that is simple and hassle free and embed our digital solutions in client's everyday life as we expand on our ecosystem's partnership.
In our team at regional product delivery, we collaborate with our key stakeholders in technology and product to deliver best in class digital solutions across the different digital platforms such as Chatbot, Paylah! SMS banking, Wealth platform besides the traditional internet and mobile banking. We provide insights and expertise with our strong domain knowledge to make sound banking journey for the new initiatives we embarked on delivering.
The delivery of these highly complex and sophisticated banking solutions requires a capable and highly motivated individual who excel in stakeholder engagements and familiar with project management to deliver successful outcomes for the organisation.
As the bank continue to grow and invest in digital platform and increasing our digital suite of services, testing scope have expanded, platform have become more complex thus the need to have more creative and sustainable way of ensuring that our services delivered , both old and new remain robust and make banking invisible and joyful to our customers.
The key responsibility of our function is to ensure quality and timely output of the testing execution outcome before release to market.
As a senior Automation Test Engineer, you will need to develop and enhanced evolving automation framework capabilities, lead a team of automation engineers to convert the Behaviour Driven Development (BDD) written in gherkin language to automated scripts across applicable digital platform across our complete product suites. You will be required to collaborate widely with the various applications team supporting our delivery model especially though not limited to the agile model to ensure timely completion of the quality assurance (QA) function in both automation and manual execution. Key Accountabilities
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage Consumer and Wealth banking projects and initiatives QA for our key markets such as Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, India, Indonesia and China from execution to reporting
- Collaborate closely with various stakeholders that cut across regional and country business, products, technology and operational teams to ensure the successful execution of the project's outcome and its software quality.
- Developed, enhanced and maintain automation framework capabilities using Java against the functional specifications
- Design and execute the test cases using Selenium Grid, functional testing execution for end to end testing for the services and APIs used
- Automate JBehave scenario using the robust BDD framework assigned and support post-production training, issue investigations and timely resolution.
- Advocate the quality culture in cross-functional teams and make sure that the best practices are followed.
- Design, develop, execute and maintain test cases, for our Android and iOS applications, web browsers and REST API across different digital platform offerings
- Establish testing as an integral part of the development process within cross-functional teams
- Develop maintainable automated checks in collaboration with our development teams
- Proactively suggest improvements in testing tools for better test coverage
- Detect and report defects and close follow up to ensure closure of issues
- Use exploratory testing techniques to discover and prevent issues
- Assess and bring improvements to the quality of our applications and services
- Analyse BDD/User stories from the PO, review and come up with high level test scenarios to meet user requirements.
- Perform code verifications to ensure that all end to end scenarios are covered.
- Responsible for verifying overall project software quality.
Tech Skill Sets
- Strong analytic skills to process complex requirement to come up with end to end scenarios and test cases
- Familiar with Agile methodology, and understand the life cycle of testing in both automated and manual testing
- Have experience in running or being part of an agile project team in banking industry
- Experience in API testing and working on JIRA, Jenkins, Dockers etc.
- Experience with at least one of the following technologies: Cucumber, Appium, Selenium, XCode UI Automation, Espresso, (mobile testing tools and frameworks).
- Experience with basic UNIX commands and working knowledge on LINUX flavor.
- Hands-on experience tool like and SOAP UI, REST API.
- Possess working knowledge on Bit Bucket etc. (Anything apart from Bitbucket are good to have).
- Keen focus on quality output in software development
- Experience with leading team is an advantage
- Bachelor's or master's degree
Tech Skills Preferred
- At least 5 years of working experience(s) preferably in Web and Mobile Banking solutions, excellent technical programming skills with familiarity in the various programming languages
- Strong knowledge on Appium, Selenium, JUNIT.
- Good experience in developing complex SQL queries.
- Knowledge of SOAP UI and web service testing is a plus.
- Knowledge of basic UNIX Commands and ability to work with Linux flavor.
- GIT commands and their usage.
- Network De-Bugging and Test Automation Tools
- Java, SQL, UNIX.
- Must have resilience and the ability to work well under pressure with minimum guidance
- Quick learner, adaptable to changes on project needs and good team player who take initiative to help team to complete assigned task
- Strong working knowledge of SDLC and STLC practices and procedures.
- Ability to handle multiple concurrent activities and projects
- Understand banking products and features
- Strong communication skills as need to interaction closely with various stakeholders from product, delivery lead to technical counterparts across other applications
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.