AIS Fund Administration Manager - Limited Partner Services, Assistant Vice President
- Permanent, Full time
- State Street
- 22 Sep 17
The Assistant Vice President will help manager the administration, performance reporting, data collection, cash management, and data validation processes of the Limited Partner Services Team in the Alternative Investment Solutions group.
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and prohibits discrimination against applicants or employees on the basis of any legally protected characteristics.
The Assistant Vice President will help manager the administration, performance reporting, data collection, cash management, and data validation processes of the Limited Partner Services Team in the Alternative Investment Solutions group. The Limited Partner Services Team provides administration, performance analytics and transparency reporting for APAC based Institutional Investors’ Alternative Investment Portfolios (Private Equity, Real Estate & Infrastructure Investments). The team member will also lead with new client conversions, systems conversions, and special projects, as well as manage a few associates on the team
- Review of scheduled and ad-hoc investment performance and underlying company exposure reporting prepared by other Associates.
- Perform ongoing quality control checks to ensure data integrity for client deliverables.
- Work closely with our data collection team and associates to research and resolve issues in a timely manner.
- Work with our clients’ investment managers to collect outstanding financial information.
- Work with other cash custody stakeholders to track and reconcile daily cash balances and transactions
- Review daily cash accounting and valuations in multiple proprietary accounting applications
- Perform General Partner unfunded commitment reconciliations on a quarterly and as-needed basis
- Take lead on new client conversions, systems conversions, and special projects as needed.
- Client facing role and will be responsible for multiple clients in region
- Manage the quality and accuracy of client deliverables
- Support new business development through RFP responses and prospective client demos
- Final level reviewer for allocated work
- SME: Advanced Private Equity/accounting knowledge – understand a variety of PE, FoF and Unit Trust structures and accounting treatments
- Analytics -strategize best practices by defining team needs, prioritizing, and managing resources
- Core contributor on special projects
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Possess a strong knowledge base of the overall industry and implement solutions and ideas to the current operating model
- Responsible for employee development/engagement
- Timely execution of semi and annual reviews
- Regular, constructive feedback to staff
- Communication with management on staff performance
- Ability to build trusted relationships with internal stakeholders and external clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Promote a work culture that encourages strategic thinking
- Act with integrity
- Candidates must have a minimum of 8 years of relevant experience, including 3 to 4 years of supervisory experience. A degree in accounting or experience in private equity or real estate is a plus.