Kubernetes/CNCF Engineer - Flex - UNIX Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Unix Engineering is a global team that architects and manages the Linux, Virtualization, and Server Hardware computing platform at Goldman Sachs.
The Unix engineering team works closely with application developers and strategists to build and deploy technology solutions at Goldman Sachs. The team currently supports an internal cloud platform, is developing solutions for deploying applications on public cloud offerings, and is releasing a next-generation compute platform.
Goldman Sachs is actively undertaking a private-cloud revolution in that we are moving from our internally written and proprietary cloud to an open source and standards-based stack, incorporating technologies from the Cloud Native Computing Foundation (CNCF) such as Kubernetes and Prometheus. Come challenge yourself by leveraging your skills and passion for technology as we yet again evolve The Bank to increase scalability and performance, adopt containerization and cutting-edge open source tooling, and build the next generation of our compute platform.
• At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• You will be responsible for evolving the Goldman ecosystem enabling CNCF solutions that drive developer efficiency and infrastructure stability. SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Hands-on experience with architecture, implementation and operation of a containerized environment: OpenShift, Pivotal Cloud Foundry, Kubernetes, Docker
• CI/CD Development Environments/Tools: GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Salt, Ansible
• Demonstrable experience in setting and meeting project goals when implementing and integrating complex technology concepts
• Expertise in at least one scripting and/or high level language: shell, Python, Node.js, Perl, Golang Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent or higher) in a Science or Engineering program
• In-depth knowledge of operating systems / Linux, advanced network concepts, knowledge of traditional storage appliances, firewalls, and load balancers
• Some experience using/developing against relational and nosql databases
• Familiarity with standard IT security practices (e.g. encryption, certificates, key management, oAuth, LDAP)
• Significant exposure to the major public cloud providers (AWS, GCE and Azure) ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.