ITS - Officer / Executive / Senior Executive (Application Development and Support)
KPMG's ITS Development Team (Executive/Senior Executive and Assistant Manager) provides in-house services to develop software / applications to support KPMG business functions on their IT delivery and realize the potential of technology investments and also to provide them with the information needed to meet their strategic and financial goals.
• Concepting, creating and building websites alongside our graphic design team, including taking designer wireframes and magically turning them into effective code.
• Working through the website development lifecycle to launch.
• Designing user-based interactions through effective front-end architecture.
• Developing functional databases, applications and servers to support our websites on the back end.
• Coding for various platforms to ensure functionality across multiple channels.
• Leading and developing best practices for Full Stack Developer team.
• Developing and designing RESTful services and APIs.
• Determining application responsiveness for consumers.
• Ensuring company mandate is effectively addressed in technical and developmental aspects.
• Managing database administration and hosting duties.
• Troubleshooting issues and problem solving as necessary.
• Keeping current with industry trends and developments that can be applied to company needs.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Software Engineering, or related field.
• Experience in working with languages such as Java, .Net, Python, PHP or Ruby.
• Working experience as a Full Stack Developer.
• Experience working with server technologies including Apache, ISS, Node.js, Nginx and J2EE.
• Experience in API design and development.
• Understanding of libraries such as jQuery.
• Experience with AJAX.
• Strong knowledge of data structures, system design and algorithms.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a strong attention to detail and a head for problem solving.
• Skilled at working in tandem with a team, or unsupervised as required.