As a Java Developer you will be responsible for designing, developing and maintaining software programs in accordance to requirements and specifications, established or defined quality and performance standards, and within delivery timelines. Key Responsibilities:
- To develop and maintain software programs:-
- According to requirements and specifications.
- Within established or defined quality and performance standards.
- Within agreed upon delivery timelines.
- Participate in consultation with Development Leads in estimating effort for work assigned.
- Participate in initiatives that improve processes and/or procedures that contribute to performance effectiveness and efficiencies.
- Communicate work progress and all (work related) pertinent information in an accurate and timely manner to the Development Leads.
- Performing miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Possess a Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent.
- Working experience in a software development environment.
- Commercial software development experience in Java and have worked with the following:-
- Creating Web Services and RESTful services with Web API
- Linux (Usage and Administration)
- Familiar with Open Source tools / Frameworks
- Working knowledge in one of the following would be an advantage:-
- Software as a Service (SaaS) platform
- Performance and automated testing of Web Services
- Experience (or strong interest in working) with large and disparate data set.
- Proven commercial experience in the software development lifecycle. Experience in Scrum would be an advantage.
- Positive and professional approach at all times.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Initiative and ability to demonstrate a pro-active approach to tasks.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines.
- Ability to empathise with the customer's viewpoint when designing and developing software.