AVP - DevOps Engineer
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The Shared Component/Infrastructure Engineering is a strategic operation and engineering team that is part of APAC WM IT. This team, made up of hardworking individuals with years of industry experience and SME knowledge, supports several regional business group in APAC, from Client onboarding and life-cycling to digital private bank portals, going through client document management and regulatory and tax reporting. The team is main driver for the DevOps transformation in the space and while it provides direct support to end-users it also provides and builds tooling and automation for the development teams, drives controls and consistency by owing the CICD pipelines and ensure environment stability. Business Delivery
Shared Component/Infrastructure Engineering
- Gain a good technical and business focused understanding of Credit Suisse's Private Bank in Asia and our technical implementation.
- Work effectively with team members in Singapore with users situated in all APAC
- A specialist in some or all of the following business processes: Client Onboarding and Life-cycling, Regulatory and Tax reporting, Digital banking, Client Reporting, Document management, …
- Relationship management of Business / IT clients and teams globally, ability to forge and maintain positive relationships and communicate at all levels.
- Manage the relationship with the development teams and self-drive the SRE driven toil elimination and tooling initiatives.
- Ensure maintenance and upgrade of the shared components(like MinIO, MongoDB, Kafka, hazelcast …) used by various teams
- Act as an SME for the shared components and share required expertise to solve problem inside and outside the team
- Coordinate with teams to identify manual routine tasks and automate using ChatBot
- Provide Analytics capability with accurate data to business to make informed decision
- Ensure all shared components are adhered to CS risk and compliance policies
- Seek to make sure all shared components have automated deployment using CI/CD pipeline
- Partner up with other engineering teams to bring in groundbreaking technologies (MinIO, Kafka, MongoDB, …)
- Work with development managers to reduce the support profile of existing applications and help design and deliver more stable solutions. Drive the resolution of recurring issues at a systemic level.
- Build and track a book of work for SRE, especially relating to follow-ups for reoccurring issues and actions from Problem tickets.
- Coordinate with development team on improving the environment (remediate EOL infrastructure, identify single point of failures, automate certificate renewal, etc).
You Offer Technical Skills
- Provide business and technical leadership to the team
- Ensure that the team's Knowledge Base stays ahead and proactively maintains documentation and implement knowledge review processes
- Proficient in one programming language (Java/.NET /GoLang/…).
- Good experience with Relational databases (Preferably Oracle).
- Solid experience dealing with Linux environments
- Knowledge of middleware/messaging technologies (Kafka, RabbitMQ, Hazelcast, …)
- Understanding of distributed systems such as MinIO, Kafka or MongoDB
- Experience with containers like docker and cloud platform like Openshift, Kubernetes is a plus
- Experience on ETL tool like NiFi is a big plus
- Experience in Git is required, knowing branching strategies such as Gitflow is an added plus
- Experience in dealing with DevOps tools like TeamCity, Gitlab, Jenkins,… is an advantage
- Experience with analysis tools also a plus (Microsoft Power BI, Grafana, …)
- Proficient in Mac administration and control is useful
- Experience with Private Banking processes and regulatory controls in place
- Basic understanding of trading, particularly Equities and FX.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to actively listen.
- Strong presentation skills – clear, understandable and unambiguous documentation are a part of the role.
- Ability to concisely explain problems and propose solutions.
- Outstanding interpersonal ability.
- Ability to communicate effectively with senior management in both the Business and IT.
- Organised and incredibly proactive.
- Ability to learn new business situations and technology quickly.
- Happy with a highly challenging, and constantly changing environment.
- Problem solving ability and resilience.
- Analytical mind-set
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.