CIB - Securities Services Operations - Business Analysis & Reporting Specialist - Team Leader
The candidate should have 3+ years or more experience in a fund accounting/ financial reporting/financial statement audit environment and will have experience in financial statement preparation and self review from both a detail and quality perspective including application of IFRS and US GAAP .
The candidate should ideally have prepared and/or reviewed financial statements previously and have knowledge of audit requirements for hedge/mutual funds.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Preparation of primary financial statements (annual and interim) & all related notes in accordance with accounting and regulatory disclosure requirements (IFRS, US GAAP an advantage) within agreed client deadlines & SLA's
- Self review financial statements both from a numbers perspective and also completed word documents for disclosures, quality and completeness perspective
- Consistency checking of financial statements for large clients throughout the year and relevant audit and interim cycles
- Analysis & raising queries of client accounting records and escalation, where appropriate, of any potential issues identified
- Escalate concerns around anomalies in financial statement numbers which may result in audit findings for clients
- Able to assist in resolution the team queries & act as a reference point for junior team members on technical, accounting and audit related matters
- Liaise with partner sites for external deliveries and communicate status effectively and in a timely manner to local management and partner sites
- Interaction with stakeholders to respond to any accounting or financial reporting-related queries that may arise.
- Recognise and act on opportunities to improve processes including developing and making recommendations for change and encourage the team to come with ideas for effeciency
- To ensure all the risk and control checks are adhered to for clients in portfolio and follow all required checklists and SOPS, ensure they are up to date post audit cycles
- Liaise with OCM (internal control) team on any issues that arise that need to be reviewed
Key Skills and Knowledge
- You will have 3+ years experience in a Financial Reporting or Audit environment in the Funds industry
- Post graduate/CA/CPA with major in Finance/Accounting will be added value.
- You will be able to work within a team and build key internal relationships across locations with partner sites
- You will have very strong attention to detail in review of documents and analytical review capabilities in relation to financial statement numbers & reporting
- You will have knowledge and understanding of all primary GAAPS - Irish/UK, IFRS, US GAAP
- You will posses the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines at peak delivery times
- You will be able to implement change, seek efficiencies and manage initiatives along with your daily workload
- You will be risk, control and procedure oriented
- You will have analytical & prioritization skills and be capable of making judgments
- You will have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You will be result and target oriented, self motivated