Sr Tech Operations Analyst IND
Sr Tech Operations Analyst will be responsible for ensuring high availability of a suite of applications in the production environment.
He/She will participate/lead technical discussions and prioritize work streams during the service restoration process.
You will lead root cause analysis, assess potential solutions and work with Tech leads /subject matter experts to introduce permanent fixes in the production environment.
This position suits a person who is a self-starter, thinks outside the box and enjoys coming up with innovative solutions to solve business and technology issues. Responsibilities
Troubleshooting & Incident Management -
- Manage and Lead service restoration/recovery of applications while leading technical resources(participating) during service restoration process.
- Ability to drive production incident bridge calls for P1 and high priority P2 incidents.
- The ability to assist/ manage team with troubleshooting efforts: log file analysis and research for Distributed technologies (JAVA, Oracle, Windows Server, Unix, Informatica, .Net)
- Assess & recommend solutions for permanent fixes to improve application stability and resiliency.
-Should be open to learn new technologies/tools.
Proactive Monitoring & Preventative Maintenance
- Ensure application availability and response times, batch processing SLAs/OLAs are met and or exceeded.
- Pro-actively monitor the stability and performance of various technologies within area of expertise and take appropriate corrective actions prior to an incident or problem occurring.
- Work with the enterprise monitoring team to implement and improve monitoring capabilities.
- Use monitoring tools to prevent potential business impact.
- Collaborate with members of the team and contractors/vendors on bridge calls to prevent or resolve incidents/problems in an expeditious manner.
- Monitor and report issues within the monitoring system and work with the required team/vendor for quick restoration.
- Send Various health check status reports to the leadership
- Recommend, deploy and document strategies and solutions for problems/incidents based upon comprehensive and thoughtful analysis of business goals, objectives, requirements and existing technologies.
- Recommend robust solutions utilizing pragmatic judgment, creativity, and in-depth technical knowledge and evaluation that comprehensively helps maintain high availability, resiliency and stability of applications.
Processes, Standards & Best Practices
-Incident management - logging, prioritizing and resolving incidents and track them against various SLAs using Service Now tool.
-Problem management - Resolving recurring incidents permanently, performing break fix root causes and coordination with Development teams for fix implementation.
- Create, maintain and update operational documentation with detailed design diagrams, troubleshooting steps, systems metrics and Standard Operating Procedures as required to ensure operational excellence. Required Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar field; or equivalent work experience.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience.
- 4+ years of 24x7 production support experience required
- 4+ years of experience with two or more technologies listed below:
- Oracle/SQL Server
- Windows server
- Service Now
- Informatica Power Center
- UNIX Scripting
- ITIL Understanding
- Experience using application and/or Infrastructure monitoring products.
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem solving and debugging skills.
- Availability outside of normal business hours to provide after hour or "on-call" support to solve high impact incidents/problems.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to articulate technical information across multiple organizational levels. Preferred Qualifications
- Knowledge of Tivoli Work scheduler (TWS), Mainframe System, RDBMS, Sumologic, Dynatrace (Gomez) concepts is a plus.
- Knowledge of Infrastructure (to include Middleware) components (e.g. Storage, Message queue (MQ), WebSphere, Managed file transfer (MFT) etc.) is a plus.
- ITIL framework certification is a plus.
- Experience with development or support of applications within the Financial Services industry (preferably in Investments/Asset Management).