Vice President, Technical Project Manager
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank Of America / Merrill Lynch
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
Vice President, Technical Project Manager
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion mission.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
The Global Information Security team is responsible for protecting bank information systems, confidential and proprietary data, and customer information. The team develops the bank's Information Security strategy and policy, manages the Information Security program and identifies and addresses vulnerabilities, develops, deploys and manages a risk-based controls portfolio, manages and operates a global security operations center that monitors, detects and responds to cybersecurity incidents.
This role is Part of the Greater China Information Security Officer team and the global Cyber Security Portfolio Delivery team, primarily in charge of delivery of a strategic Geographic Segmentation initiative to achieve security risk reduction outcomes.
- Primarily in charge of delivery of a strategic Geographic Segmentation initiative to achieve security risk reduction outcomes
- The Geographic Segmentation program is currently consisting of a few projects running in parallel, and as a start this individual would oversee these projects regionally and would directly be responsible for a specific project to deploy protective firewall policies, define monitoring rules and develop the strategy and required playbooks to transition the project to BAU efforts
- Works with the Information Security Officer, the Program Manager, and other stakeholders as required for the projects closely to deliver on time, on budget, with quality, and fully communicated to all impacted parties
- Teams with other stakeholders in and outside GIS (who are based globally or regionally) to drive project progression
- Identifies, records, and maintains project risks and strategic level of discussions under guidance of the Information Security Officer and the Program Manager
- Partners with the CTO Project Managers assigned into the projects to collectively engage stakeholders where needed in ensuring the smooth delivery of the projects
- Ensures right stakeholders are engaged in discussions and decision making, and drives the discussions (including project related technical discussions) into the right direction effectively
- The responsibility may eventually be expanded to cover other initiatives within APAC GIS
- A seasoned project manager with exceptional communication skills, attention to details, and a drive to follow-up and document commitments with many stakeholders;
- Strong technical background in network infrastructure / network security concepts is desired;
- Good understanding to the bank business and the various teams or processes in the bank, good knowledge to the various areas of information security controls is an advantage;
- Comfortable in translating complex technical details into simplified presentation proposals to communicate and gain approvals from senior leadership or business representatives;
- Ability to work with stakeholders in business and technology groups who are based in various locations as required by the project;
- Be assertive, questioning, but never offensive to assure timely outcomes.
Posting Date: 12/02/2018
Hong Kong, , CHEUNG KONG CENTER, 2 QUEEN'S RD,
Singapore, , 01, 2 HARBOURFRONT PLACE #02,
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40