Vice President - Banking, Capital Markets & Advisory - Internal Audit
Internal Audit is a global organization of over 1000 professionals covering Citi's global businesses and service to clients and customers in over 180 countries. Citi's Internal Audit division provides independent assessments of the company's governance, risk management and internal control environment for key stakeholders including the Board of Directors, senior management and Citi's numerous regulators globally. Internal Audit is a change agent within Citi aimed to enhance the control culture of Citigroup worldwide and thereby support senior management decision making around the globe. Job Purpose:
This role directs the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities, which meet the requirements of the Boards of Citigroup and Citibank, their affiliates and of Citi's respective regulators, globally.
Banking Capital Markets & Advisory (BCMA) provides comprehensive financial advisory and products including Mergers & Acquisitions and capital raising services to top corporations, financial institutions and governments worldwide. This includes a diverse range of underwriting and other products within the Equity and Debt Capital Markets as well as within Structured Finance such as Securitization, Leasing and Project & Infrastructure Financing.
The internal audit team for BCMA consists of diverse audit professionals, located in four different regions (North America, Europe/Middle East/Africa, Asia Pacific and Latin America). Key Responsibilities:
Qualifications and Competencies
- Develops and execute a robust Audit Plan, by reviewable entity, for assigned businesses in accordance with Internal Audit standards, relevant government statutes and regulations and Group policies
- Delivers on time high quality audit reports, Internal Audit and Regulatory issue validation and (where appropriate, branch examinations, as well as business monitoring and governance committee reporting
- Manages audit activities for a component of a product line, function, or legal entity at the regional or country level including a portion of the audit annual plan
- Applies in-depth level of expertise in one or more of the corporation's businesses and leverage this knowledge into a leadership role in one or more teams
- Proactively advances integrated auditing concepts and use of technology
- Manages a complex and critical unit within Internal Audit, including a small to medium sized team of Internal Audit professionals; Develops talent, build effective teams, and manage a budget; Possess a broad and comprehensive understanding of different Internal Audit standards, policies and local regulations; apply a broad and comprehensive knowledge of high risk areas including: Corporate or Investment Banking, technology management; project / programme management; regulatory compliance or supplier management
- Leads the professional development of Internal Audit staff
- Develops effective senior line management relationships and have a strong understanding of the businesses
- Applies an in-depth understanding of the inter-relationships of business and support units throughout the corporation and how they impact the overall control environment and the audit approach
- Uses excellent communication skills in order to influence a wide range of internal audiences including respective product, function, or regional executive management partners; May negotiate internally often athigher levels on matters which will have a major impact on the area managed
- Demonstrates strong judgment, political astuteness, and sensitivity to cultural diversity
- Possesses strong project management and interpersonal skills, make sound decisions, exhibiting initiative and intuitive thinking; Consulted often by others for advice and opinions and recognised as a leadership role model
- Participates in major business initiatives and proactively advise and assist the business on change initiatives
- Self-starter that can work independently with minimal supervision; A team player that accepts and take on instructions and suggestions from the supervisors and other team members
- Frequently involved in matters that require complex judgments and solutions based on sophisticated analytical thought such as identifying solutions for a variety of complex and novel audit control issues; Analyse reporting findings; Recommend appropriate interventions where needed; Propose creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control problems; Partner with Directors and Managing Directors to develop approaches for addressing broader corporate emerging issues
- Serve as lead reviewer for all types of reviews
- Reviews and approves Business Monitoring Quarterly Summaries.
Job Family Group:
- BA/BS or equivalent; Related certifications (CPA, ACA, CFA, CIA, CISA or similar) are a plus
- Senior level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with proven abilities in taking responsibility for executing concurrently on a portfolio of high quality deliverables to stakeholders according to strict timetables
- Specific subject matter expertise regarding technology application control disciplines and a solid business understanding of Lending, Underwriting and Financing products, especially those associated with the Banking, Capital Markets and Advisory business
- Demonstrates experience in managing teams and managing integrated internal audit and assurance delivery within a matrix reporting environment
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views; This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management
Internal Audit Job Family:
Audit Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting