Senior Software Engineer - Exchange Trading Connectivity
Every day in Bloomberg, our systems analyse, process, and execute trading on trillions of data points. As a result, the biggest players in the financial industry depend on our 500 enterprise applications to manage their portfolios, execute their trades and analyse the markets. As engineers, we're building the applications our clients rely on to not just stay informed, but stay ahead of the market. The applications and infrastructure we build embody the speed, agility and financial data that make Bloomberg the go-to for financial professionals across the globe.
Exchange Trading Connectivity (ETC) is an engineering group in Bloomberg that acts as a center of excellence, facilitating the transactional connectivity of Bloomberg's various order and execution management systems to exchanges. In APAC, we are strengthening Bloomberg's position as leader in many markets by providing connectivity to major exchanges and venues. This year, we saw tremendous growth in China markets in particular.
You'll have the opportunity to learn about the financial markets and take ownership of the growth of our industry-leading applications. You'll lead projects, partner with the business and meet internal clients to understand their workflows. Our opportunities cover all phases of the software development life cycle, providing a chance to make an immediate impact and work on the financial world's toughest technical challenges. We're looking for passionate engineers who want to help us take our products to the next level.
We'll trust you to:
- Take responsibility for the full software development life-cycle, from understanding the needs of the business through to coding, deployment and maintenance. Your work will be highly visible, making you highly accountable
- Enjoy solving highly complex problems while understanding the scope and impact of your work
- Be quick, resourceful, flexible, and an excellent collaborator. You will balance the best of technical and product knowledge to craft unsurpassed product solutions for our customers
- Engage with the wider community - from Inner Source to Open Source, you're someone who likes to collaborate You'll need to have: - Demonstrated work experience in C++
- An aptitude for analytical problem solving and critical thinking
- Exposure to all phases of the software development life cycle
- A degree in computer science, computer engineering, or related
- A team-player attitude; willingness and ability to collaborate with a diverse group of people from all over the world
- Humility and open-mindedness; willingness to acknowledge and learn from mistakes; desire to constantly improve oneself; openness to feedback We'd love to see:
- Experience with other object-oriented programming languages
- Experience with multithreading
- Experience with high volume, high availability distributed systems
- An interest in the financial markets If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match! We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are. Interview Process:
We believe interviewing is a two way street. It's a way for us to get to know you and your skills, and also a way for you to learn more about the team, our technical challenges, and what you'd be working on.
The content of each interview round will be tailored to the role and your background, but the general framework can be found here: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/technology/engineering/software-engineering-experienced-hire/
We want to ensure you can put your best foot forward throughout the process, so if you have any questions or need any accommodations to be successful, please let us know. Other Resources:
- Join our Hong Kong C++ Meetups group -> https://www.meetup.com/Hong-Kong-C-Interest-Group/
- Check out Bloomberg Engineering -> www.bloomberg.com/engineering
- Read about the unique problems we're solving -> TechAtBloomberg.com
- Olivia Meets Chelsea Ohh, Software Engineer Team Lead at Bloomberg: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmatgY7wGBE&feature=youtu.be Why Bloomberg:
Bloomberg is a financial technology company. Our technology drives the world's leading financial market participants. Our strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 310,000 subscribers globally. Bloomberg has one of the largest private networks in the world, and we process billions and billions of data from all over the globe.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any adjustments to be made for the recruitment process by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.