Senior Portfolio Strategy Manager (Collections, Banking)
- 100,000 per month + bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Stirling Andersen , EA Licence No: 16S8094
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
Working for one of the largest Financial Institutions globally, you will be responsible for managing and leading the regional collections strategy across the region.
• Manages and lead the regional collections strategy function for the region. Act as the risk steward for Collections, setting guidelines and defining policies.
• Monitor the results of collections operation and strategy implementations to ensure that risk outcomes on profitability and delinquency targets are met and undertake reviews of day to day activities and periodic assessment of policies and procedures in Collections.
• Oversee and review the development, implementation and tracking of Collections strategies on retail Secured and Unsecured portfolios relating to contact management, external agencies, legal and foreclosure tools, risk mitigation and restructures
• Evaluate and monitor internal and external credit and collections scoring models and financial forecasting models, segmentation and optimization tools in strategy development using both traditional and other advanced predictive technologies.
• Apply advanced scientific methods to provide or conduct research and evaluate new methods and proposals that can be deployed by the Asia Parcific collections to optimize collections strategy and resource management decision areas.
• Work with senior management in local, regional and global functions to provide strategy
analytics and MI consulting services to local collection sites where advanced analytics may be deployed. Act as reviewer on any analytical work that has been performed to ensure that
standards are met while making recommendations on areas that can be significantly
improved and by laying down standards at each stage of the strategy analytics process to
• As part of the Regional Portfolio Management team, develop local skills and knowledge within each country to enable continuous improvement through local staff and establish a proactive collection culture within the wider context of long term profitability and effective risk management policy
• Build strong relationships with local, regional and global Country Risk and Collections heads to enable better business performance and results
• Share best practice exchange and benchmark initiatives through accessible channels
• Monitor and review the control environment across the Collections function to ensure good operational, financial and project management and compliance with HSBC policy and
procedures, together with early identification and effective resolution or escalation of issues
• University graduate with several years of experience within Retail Banking, preferably within Collections or Risk Management
• Understanding of the Consumer Credit Cycle with specific experience in Collections Strategy development design and implementation
• Expertise in risk analytics with experience in using SAS will be an advantage
• Familiarity with banking and collections systems, operations and associated levers,
methodologies for monitoring Collections activities and outcomes through MI
• Capability to coordinate and manage stakeholders at all levels, with the ability to providing
risk management, control and support to business units such as acting as a business partner
• Demonstrate a high degree of organization skills while understanding Risk and making
decisions in highly complex situations where there are potentially major consequences for the business