Senior Market Data Expert - Information Technology - Hong Kong, Hong Kong
Responsibilities: Business relationship
Project management, Business Analysis & Strategy
- Build and maintain close relationship with business lines, finance partners and regional/global management
- Develop deep understanding of regional business requirements and reinforce a formal governance (prioritization, budget...)
- Ensure SG inventory and service catalog is accurate, available and meets all users expectations
- Build and adapt financial reports/dashboards to ensure business has full visibility on their costs
- Act as a regional Point of contact regarding Market Data solutions & platforms
- Market intelligence, Benchmarking of data services and product in the industry, regular communication (newsletters, trend reports)
- Support new business needs, provide expertise & recommendations, anticipate & manage growth areas/new products
- Manage new Market data projects/platforms roll out & upgrades in close cooperation with admin/engineering experts and other departments
- Provide detailed cost analysis to the management, help to drive cost optimization initiatives
Vendor Management & Commercials
- Maintain good knowledge of vendor products, their strategy & roadmaps.
- Manage contract negotiation with providers (annual review with early business engagement)
- Liaise with external auditors when required, drive audit missions with the teams (internal or external)
- Anticipate provider/vendors pricing model changes and come up with relevant negotiation approach
- Ensure procurement/payment process is optimized
- Lobbying on key issues, if any.
- Holds a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information System or similar
- 3-5 years experience in the Market data industry (sell side or buy side)
- Experience in business analysis and project management in large/global organizations
- Proven track record to optimize processes & organization with continous improvement mindset
- Experience with Agile frameworks, feature teams organizations (scrum, product ownership...)
- Market Data Vendors and Product knowledge (ICE, CMEgroup, Reuters/Refinitiv, Bloomberg, Markit, S&P, Moody's)
- Ability to manage critical vendor relationships and interact with senior business stakeholders
- Experience in liaising with external auditors / exchanges
- Ability to manage medium scale projects in complex organizations (many stakeholders, global setup...)
- Excellent analytical capability with excellent communication skills (interaction with senior partners)
- Document and formalize all communications, be well organized with structured approach
- Ability to review/negoitiate legal terms and contracts, manage sensitive negotiations with business stakeholders and 3rd parties
- Technical understanding of Market data and Middleware platforms (client/server architecture, APIs, real time feed, referentials)
- Strong production and security mindset (monitoring, incident/problem management, cyberthreat awareness...)
- Understanding of Data management frameworks and best practices (automation, data quality...)
- Bring people of various background together, demonstrate leadership to find consensus
Team Spirit - Synergies: I make cooperation with colleagues in and outside my team a priority
Client - Understanding and Respect: I listen to clients and colleagues in order to understand and anticipate their needs
Innovation - Technology: I adopt new technologies in the solutions and projects I work on
Commitment - Sustainability: I strive to develop my skills and knowledge
Innovation - Simplification: I make things & ideas simpleResponsibility - Risk awareness: I am constantly on the lookout for risks
Business insight Company Description
Societe Generale is one of the leading European financial services groups. Founded in 1864, we have been playing a vital role in the economy for over 150 years. With more than 148,000 employees based in 76 countries worldwide, we accompany 32 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial strength with a strategy of sustainable growth.
ASIA-PACIFIC (ASIA), as one of the Business Units of Societe Generale, operates in 12 locations across the Asia Pacific region, employing over 2,500 employees with the regional headquarter located in Hong Kong. Our activities here are centred on Societe Generale's Global Banking & Investor Solutions pole (GBIS), a major growth engine for the Group and a key pillar of Societe Generale's universal banking model. Our expertise in Asia Pacific ranges from Corporate & Investment Banking (Advisory, Financing and Global Markets) to Asset Management, Global Transaction Banking and specialised financial services like Equipment & Vendor Finance and Vehicle Leasing & Fleet Management. In addition, SG's Global Solution Centre (SGGSC) in Bangalore and Chennai offers customised business solutions to the Societe Generale Group globally including ASIA." Welcome to the IT Infrastructure department, Global Technology Services (GTS)
IT infrastructure is one of the major stakes for the bank and is at the heart of Societe Generale group's strategy.
Today, the Digital Transformation raises important challenges around IT Architecture, Infrastructure and Security. Many of these challenges are opportunities to imagine new experiences for our clients and new way to deliver IT services.
Within the Resources and Innovation division, GTS department plays a key role in the Digital Transformation. With more than 3500 GTS staff located across the world, GTS develops innovative projects while delivering operational excellence for infrastructure services to 148,000 employees and 32 million external clients. At GTS Asia, we are one of the pioneers in agile practice.
As part of the Regional Market Data team (Administration & Engineering), you will be in charge of Market Data & Product Strategy, covering business analysis, vendor and project management including commercial/contractual negotiations (providers, exchanges). You will work in close partnership with various business stakeholders to define & deliver a comprehensive roadmap for the region.
As senior Market data expert, the successful candidate will build/maintain a detailed inventory/service catalog and structure a strong governance with key stakeholders in Asia (business lines, finance, management).
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Entity: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: immediate
Publication date: 2020/10/28