Senior Manager, Data Analytics
- Highly Competitive
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- HFG , EA Licence No: 14C7034
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
Performing R&D to bring new uses of analytics into the insurance business by evaluating and testing new analytics techniques or use made in other industries (for instance: psychometric modeling, customer journey analytics, cognitive analytics, machine learning driven price elasticity optimization, etc.). thereby helping our OpCo’s and Group Companies achieve transformational steps in key areas such as IT, data strategy and management capabilities, people and organizational challenges to transform into Insights Driven Organization for long term and sustainable impact creation with data analytics.
The objectives of the Advanced Analytics team are to:
- Deliver the analytic scope of business performance improvement and service and product innovation projects;
- Steer and perform research and development activities into new analytic fields by evaluating and testing solutions of start-up, academic and consulting partners;
- Help build local analytic capabilities within our OpCo’s and Group Companies;
- Find and implement ways to increase productivity and quality of analytics operations (tool automation, analytic ready IT architecture, etc.).
The Senior Manager role within the Advanced Analytics team entails the following responsibilities:
- Deliver analytics scope of projects on time and quality;
- Coaching and development of junior analytics resources of the DA CoE, the OpCo’s and Group Companies;
- Building expertise in Life and General Insurance and in Insurance functional domains where analytics can be applied;
- Participating to R&D and knowledge capitalization activities of the DA CoE;
- Collaborate efficiently with colleagues of the DA CoE Solution Implementation and Data Management teams, as well as of the OpCo’s and Group Companies.
This role requires the prospective candidates to possess both strategic and operational strengths. The principal activities of this role are:
- Define and create complete statistical models based on business requirements;
- Work closely with key members of the regional and local teams to deliver the activities;
- Articulate findings and insights to key stakeholders in order to drive business initiatives formulation;
- Define the modelling software requirements for the CoE and evaluate new software tools on a regular basis;
- Help the DA CoE Management team to plan and prioritize capability development and delivery;
- Assist local resources in the use of outputs of statistical models in the different insurance functional domains;
- On an ongoing basis, prove enhanced knowledge and share latest techniques in advanced analytics;
- Share findings from his/her data analysis across the regions for new opportunities;
- Manage a team of local and remote analysts and modelers. Manage and coach other junior modelers in completing analytics tasks;
- Identify opportunities for mentoring, personal development, and knowledge transfer that develop local and central capabilities;
- Participate actively in the Analytics and Modelling Community knowledge sharing forum to identify opportunities to share, embed and optimize analytics across the Group;
- Monitor Best Practice within and outside Insurance Sector to identify opportunities to advance analytics capabilities.
- At least 8 years of analytics experience in advanced analytics such as most common modeling techniques in supervised (GLM, logistic regression, Bayesian statistics, decision trees, etc.) and unsupervised learning (clustering, segmentation);
- Good grasp and ideally experience in machine learning (neural network, deep learning, cognitive analytics);
- Experience in at least one of the insurance functional domains where analytics can be applied: Sales and Marketing (customer analytics, customer profiling, web and social analytics, etc.); operations (claim payout management, network optimization, fraud detection and prevention, process mining, etc.) or risk and underwriting (pricing, actuarial activities, etc.);
- Advanced working knowledge of analytical tools and techniques, such as SQL, SAS, SPSS, Hadoop, Spark, R, Python, Hive, Geocoding, Azure ML or similar;
- Proficiency in SAS is a plus (due to installed based). SAS knowledge should include Base SAS, SAS STATS, SAS EM;
- Experience of working with data warehouses and developing analysis methodologies to address new data situations. Able to drive work of data developers to get required input file to train models;
- Good presentation skills. Strong and convincing communicator/negotiator. Ability to communicate strategically in an articulated and structured manner. Possess the skill to communicate data analytics benefits to non-technical and senior managers/senior stakeholders (including C-levels);
- Strong collaborator who has the ability to build cohesive working relationships / partnerships with stakeholders internally and externally
- Excellent command in spoken and written English. Knowledge of Mandarin or other Asian language skills would be an advantage;
- Willingness to travel frequently to different countries (South East Asia) during project period.