Job specification: Economist Responsible for PMI Asia
Reporting into the Chief Business Economist and representing the PMI survey business in Asia from product support, PR & marketing and business development perspectives.
The successful candidate will be a degree-level economist with strong numeracy and literacy skills, an eye for detail and interest in economics and the financial markets. The role requires an ability to produce clear and concise analysis in both written and verbal forms (English), as well as an eagerness to build a public profile for IHS Markit and help to expand the business by supporting sales and new product development initiatives in the region. Language skills in Cantonese and Japanese desired but not essential.
- Building and maintaining reputational integrity of IHS Markit Asian surveys (including PMI) via regular analysis of IHS Markit and official data to be published on IHSMarkit.com.
- Main point of contact for admin/technical support to survey sponsors and clients in the region.
- Technical/specialist support to IHS Markit sales to help drive subscription revenues.
- Drive internal awareness of IHS Markit PMI data and broad market/economic issues through presentations and meetings.
- Promoting IHS Markit data to central banks, governments and other key data users
PR and marketing
- Act as principal PMI spokesperson for IHS Markit on economic issues in Asia, supporting broadcast media as and when required, including TV, radio and press interviews.
- Comment on survey press releases as and when required.
- Regular PMI-focused commentary to form the basis of marketing drive.
- Coordinate with the Economics Indices team to actively seek new product development opportunities in accordance with the firm's strategy.
- Assist in coordinated search for suitable survey sponsors for new products.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.