BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!
BNP Paribas has a presence in nearly 80 countries with over 200,000 employees. It ranks highly in its three core activities: Retail Banking, Investment Solutions and Corporate & Investment Banking.
In Asia Pacific, the BNP Paribas Group is a leading employer with over 10,000 employees and a dynamic presence in 14 markets. Being one of the largest international banking networks, we strive to employ talented and innovative people who are aligned to our vision and culture.
The APAC Automated Market Making Team is an industry recognized trading team that serves to provide electronic market making services and performs quantitative trading in major exchanges within the APAC region. Currently, the team is actively present on at least 13 electronic exchanges. Due to the nature of the business, AMM has a significant technology investment in its proprietary trading platform and automated trading strategies. The IT Strategist team is responsible for providing a full-service suite of technology solutions to the trading desk. Responsibilities Direct Responsibilities
Strategists develop and implement efficient automated tools to translate quant traders' strategies into orders. They design specific features to help traders monitor and analyze the behavior of strategies in production, and ensure adequate monitoring of risks and positions. Strategists plays a critical role in ensuring that the AMM technology platform remains best in class in the industry. Accordingly strategists:
Technical and Behavioural Competencies / Specific Qualifications Required competencies:
- Proactively manage the production platform by
- leveraging software engineering to eliminate operational work via automation
- optimizing system architecture to maintain operational efficiency
- conducting thorough but blameless post-mortems to help guide the evolution of the platform
- Develop and maintain an expansive library of automatons and alpha models
- Develop and maintain monitoring and production tools used in the trading platform
- Develop and maintain the simulation tools and back testing environment used to test and validate strategies
- Contribute to the enforcement of adequate risk filters for each automaton to prevent abnormal behaviour.
- Organize and monitor the orderly production of automatons during trading hours.
- Monitor, investigate, and improve performances of trading strategies.
- Contribute to the research and design of optimal setup for each set of strategies.
- Coordinate and test infrastructure changes, as implemented by the Group IT and Production teams.
- Make sure all developments satisfy local regulations.
- Expertise in the C++ (C++11 onwards) programming language and relevant toolkits
- Minimum 3 years of experience in developing / supporting trading platforms
- Ability to quickly resolve issues under pressure
- Strong technical & problem solving (troubleshooting) skills
- Excellent oral communication skills
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field that involves programming, or equivalent practical experience
- Experience in supporting applications in a Linux/Unix environment
- Familiarity with Python/Scripting language