EY- Parthenon - Strategy and Transactions – Financial Services – Strategy (Analytics Driven) – Manager / Senior
The Strategy and Transactions (SaT) teams in Asia-Pacific has been providing market leading services to clients across Greater China, ASEAN and Oceania for over 20 years. We support EY clients in the region and globally throughout the transaction lifecycle and have helped EY clients create deal value and manage transaction risks. Similar to all service lines in EY organization, SaT operates with financial services sector focused teams and another broad industry teams.
FSO SaT focus on serving clients in the banking, insurance, asset management and fintech sectors, which are highly regulated segments bringing more sector specific training and exposures. Staff Accountants can join to support EY Asia-Pacific FSO SaT practices. In this role you will have exposure to different sub-service lines in SaT, namely Transactions and Corporate Finance (TCF) and EY-Parthenon (EY-P).
Transactions and Corporate Finance (TCF) covers 3 sectors including Transaction Diligence (TD), Valuation, Modeling and Economics (VME) and Lead Advisory.
- Transaction Diligence (TD) advises clients on buy-side and sell-side financial and operation due diligence. We work closely with Strategy and Transactions sub-service lines and competencies, and other EY service lines to provide seamless, highly integrated due diligence to EY clients.
- Valuation, Modeling and Economics (VME) practices are the means by which we continue to bring deep financial, economics and analytics skills to bear in order to support EY clients with better decision-making involving transactions, funding capital expansion and improving capital efficiency (such as capital allocation to help adjust risk, cash release opportunity, capital budgeting with skill sets on measuring and valuating not just assets but also litigation or life).
- Lead Advisory includes tactical and strategic advice for corporates, financial sponsors and family offices, as well as negotiation assistance and other transaction related topics.
- Mergers & Acquisitions teams provides sector-focused advice on the sale process from strategic positioning to close, and we help execute acquisitions, alliances and mergers as well as advise C-suite executives and boards on evaluating strategic alternatives in the context of transactions.
EY-Parthenon (EY-P) covers 3 sectors including Strategy, Transaction Strategy and Execution (TSE) and Turnaround and Restructuring (TRS).
- Strategy unlocks EY clients’ potential by helping them answer their most complex strategic questions. We rely upon rigorous fact-based analysis and deep sector knowledge to provide insights that provoke unconventional thinking. We help clients create customized and actionable strategies, and then we help to make them happen.
- Transaction Strategy and Execution (TSE) assist clients to integrate acquired assets and businesses, providing strategic transaction advice and supporting execution to attain the value proposition contained in the strategic decision-making process.
- Turnaround and Restructuring (TRS) provides leadership to rapidly solve, execute and ultimately transform the outcome during urgent, critical and complex situations
Your key responsibilities
FSO SaT are looking for individuals who are able to make a significant contribution to the development of this new team. Ideal candidates will be excited about being part of a developing practices area with clear room to grow, supported by the strength and the reach of a powerful global brand.
The team, whilst based initially in Hong Kong, will have an Asean-wide remit providing significant opportunities for international travel. This is a unique opportunity to gain business development experience as part of building the shape and direction of a new team. Areas of FSO SaT work include:
- Analytics driven strategy development
- Market entry strategy and opportunity sizing
- Commercial due diligence
- Investment strategy and asset allocation
- Product and business unit strategy development
- Divestment options analysis
Your key responsibilities
- Driving analytics-based strategy and agenda, particularly in the insurance sector;
- Building and help implementing strategies to revamp the insurance value chain including distribution, customer, underwriting and product;
- Being innovative and insightful in considering market entry, opportunity sizing, industry trends and potential disruptions;
- Performing benchmarking researches and assessments to provide market insights for business needs;
- Working closely with clients, targets and other professionals, supporting the process of financial structuring and distressed securities strategies;
- Developing DAT (data, analytics and technology) enablement strategy, as well as financial structuring and distressed strategy;
- Maintaining productive relationships with clients and colleagues;
- Building on the existing business through internal and external business development;
To qualify for the role you must have
- Undergraduate or Masters’ Degree preferably in one of the following areas: Mathematics, Statistics, Actuarial, Engineering, Quantitative Finance, Computer Science and other related majors
- Demonstrated leadership (thought leadership or people leadership e.g. managed project teams or direct reports)
- Good presentation and communication skills, with a knack for explaining complex analytical concepts to people from other fields
- Good understanding of database structure and typical data models, and applied such understanding in one of the data modelling tools: SQL and MS Access;
- Ability to produce basic data visualization using Power BI, Tableau, or other tools;
- In depth statistic modelling skill with ability to implement different methodologies and algorithm in R or Python;
- In depth business or financial modelling knowledge, with application (FTE project, opportunity sizing, cost and benefit analysis) in at least one of the insurance value chain (distribution, customer, underwriting, product and operations);
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Over 3 years of post-graduate working experience, preferably with insurance analytics strategy (e.g. agency strategy, customer cross/up sell strategy, auto-underwriting, product optimization, market entry and opportunity sizing);
- Experience in management presentation (e.g. message structuring and design thinking)
- Completed or studying towards CFA/FSA/FIA/FIAA
What we look for
EY is the only professional services organisation offering a separate team dedicated exclusively to the financial services market. Join the Financial Services Organisation (FSO) and you will work with multi-disciplinary teams from around the world to provide a global perspective to a range of high-profile companies. We provide a highly integrated team, combining the knowledge from across the service lines to provide advice and guidance to key industry groups including insurance, wealth and asset management, banking and capital markets.
Apply and see where a career with FSO can take you!
What working at EY organization offers
We offer a competitive compensation package where you will be rewarded based on your performance and recognised for the value you bring to the business. We also offer:
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.