M&A Intern (m/f)
- Hamburg, Freie und Hansestadt Hamburg, Germany
- Internships & Graduate Trainee, Full time
- zahneins Gruppe
- 10 Oct 18
6-months internship in Hamburg, flexible start date
Since 2015 a regulatory change allows to form dental groups in Germany, which will lead to long-term structural market changes. Within the next years larger medical care centers are expected to provide 30%-40% of outpatient dentist services. The zahneins Group has since established itself as the leading high-quality player in Germany through our highly entrepreneurial approach of growing the group. To accelerate our growth even further, we are constantly looking for new outstanding talent which will accompany us on this exciting entrepreneurial journey.
We, the zahneins Group, headquartered in Hamburg, are a rapidly growing player in the German dentistry market founded by a family of medical professionals and backed by a well-known Venture Capital fund with already approx. 500 medical employees. Our goal is to significantly increase our size within the next three years and to remain the biggest group of high-quality dentist practices in the German dental market enabling partnering dentists to spend more time with their patients and support them to improve their services.
What will you do?
Our strategy is to achieve fast growth through external acquisitions. Hence, we are looking for a fulltime Analyst to join our M&A team. The M&A team oversees a wide range of entrepreneurial initiatives starting from initiating partnership discussions, creating offers to interesting targets, and coordinating due diligence processes until closing of the transaction.
We are looking for a candidate who already has internship or full-time experience in consulting, investment banking, or a Venture Capital/Private Equity fund and who wants to be part of our entrepreneurial journey. Our small M&A team consists of members with high-profile professional entrepreneurial and academic backgrounds, which will provide you an optimal learning environment. Past professional experiences include running of diverse start-ups, Boston Consulting Group, McKinsey & Company, Rothschild, Deutsche Bank and Allianz, while academic backgrounds include University St. Gallen, HEC Paris, University of Maastricht, Columbia Business School, London School of Economics as well as University of Oxford.
Your challenge with us
- Solving versatile entrepreneurial topics: We are a start-up which means we stick our heads together to solve all kinds of challenges on our entrepreneurial path
- Active member of our entrepreneurial growth project: You will be involved in multiple transactions and we will rely on your support for a successful outcome
- Support of our project team by the valuation of targets: You will help us select and decide with whom we should seek to build our next partnership.
- Coordination and quality check on ongoing Due Diligence processes: You will be responsible for the coordination of due diligence processes once a new possible partnership discussion is started
- Preparation of board and investment committee presentations: You prepare board presentations which will give you a very good insight in how a successful business is run and managed
- You have outstanding problem-solving skills and an entrepreneurial mindset
- You successfully completed your Bachelor’s degree, preferably related to economics or business administration (MBA candidates are also welcome)
- You have extensive knowledge of commercial and financial valuation approaches
- Relevant experience in strategy consulting, and/or investment banking, and/or venture capital/private equity is a plus
- You are confident in working with MS office (PPT, Excel, Word)
- You have very good analytical, conceptual and communication skills
- You are highly motivated to perform in a dynamic environment
- You are fluent in German and English
With zahneins you will have
- deep insight into various exciting entrepreneurial challenges in a growing company with a committed and highly professional team
- Exciting tasks to which your contribution is vital
- The opportunity to develop a wide range of skills through coaching of our group of professionals
- An interesting internship salary, and the amazing opportunity to discover Hamburg
We are looking forward to your application (email@example.com) and are at your disposal for any questions you might have!
zahneins Gruppe, Hamburger Straße 11, 22083 Hamburg, www.zahneins.com