- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Analyst (AVP-Analyst or VP-Senior Analyst level) COR CMBS
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, GermanyThe Role
Serve as the lead analyst on a portfolio of structured finance credits including conducting analysis, presenting to rating committees, leading issuer meetings, publishing research and interacting with investors and other market participants . As a senior member of the team, the analyst is also expected over time to lead various projects in the Line of Business.
- Perform credit analysis for new and existing structured finance transactions backed by Commercial Real Estate assets (CRE) i.e. CMBS. Although the role is primarily intended to focus on CRE, the team also covers the ratings of transactions backed by other corporate assets: High Yield (CLO's) and SME's (ABS SME's)
- Primarily responsible for analyzing asset pools (such as valuing commercial properties), transaction structures and cash flows using Moody's methodologies and models in order to formulate independent credit opinions and make rating recommendations to committee.
- Independently and clearly present at rating committees and other internal credit discussions, demonstrating sound credit judgment and good understanding of Moody's methodologies.
- Build and manage relationships with arrangers and investors, and other key transaction parties. Attend on-site visits.
- Publish insightful research on credit events and sector trends, individually, or collaborating with other authors.
- Lead or contribute to analytical projects such as methodology developments.
- Lead or contribute to projects to improve Moody's processes and procedures.
Structured Finance Group - CMBS
- Graduate degree (e.g., BSc, MBA or Master's) in Finance, Economics, Statistics, or related quantitative field with substantial related work experience
- Strong analytical skills and strong attention to details
- High degree of knowledge of financial and fixed income markets with focus on structured finance products
- Experience in credit analysis
- Experience in commercial real estate
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, sound statistical skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Professional, proactive, shows initiative, flexible, diligent and dependable
- Sound judgment and highest ethical standards; capable of developing independent opinions and defending views
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team with positive and constructive attitude
- Demonstrate emgagement, commitment and self-motivation, as well as sense of urgency, and accountability to implement best-in-class service quality.
- Additional European language skills a plus
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.