- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
Associate Analyst 3 - Ratings & Research Support (RRS) - Sub Sovereign - German Speaker
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, GermanyThe Role
For our office in Frankfurt we are looking for an Associate Analyst to join the RRS - Sub Sovereign Group. The Associate Analyst (AA) will work on high profile analysis, and will form a holistic view on a high profile portfolio.The AA will provide credit analysis in the form of discrete pieces of analytical work as well as more complex and higher profile analysis in preparation for the AA2 role.
The AA3 role provides a unique opportunity to make a significant contribution to the success of the Ratings & Research Support (RRS) and Ratings & Research (R&R) teams, by providing a range of analytical support services that contributes to the overall credit analysis function performed by these teams.
The role requires solid quantitative and qualitative analytical skills and ideally some prior knowledge of public finance. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their ability to work effectively to tight deadlines. The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong organizational skills, demonstrate attention to detail, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
The AA3 position provides a unique opportunity to foster skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry.
- Attend analytical meetings (regional travel might be required) and assist with meeting follow-up reports
- Perform preliminary credit analysis to support ratings, research, analytical outreach and presentations, with potential exposure to more high-profile subsectors or issuers, under the principle direction of the RRS Team Manager and senior analysts. Examples of analytical work include:
- Preparing financial spreadsheets and charts, analyzing data and financial statements, building and updating financial models and forecasts, and writing analytical commentary in accordance with Moody's methodologies.
- Interpreting and analyzing financial data, understanding and identifying key factors that affect issuer credit ratings
- Identifying trends in data and using analytical ability, applying judgment to form well thought out credit conclusions.
- Develop working knowledge of Moody's methodologies in order to apply to credit analysis.
- Support credit monitoring/surveillance of issuers by e.g. preparing data for surveillance, periodically updating preliminary components of analysis, and initiating/escalating deeper credit reviews when necessary
- Interact with intermediaries and issuers
- Review rating documentation, including bank loans, covenants and bond indentures and contribute to portfolio reviews
- Support sector and issuer research writing
- Perform certain routine administrative and other ad hoc credit-related tasks.
The Ratings & Research Support department is responsible for producing analytical inputs in support of Moody's Ratings and Research function. In addition, this department will provide support for surveillance requirements and partner with R&R to provide the necessary support for issuer and investor interactions.
- Minimum undergraduate/ first level degree (e.g. Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent qualifications) in a relevant field such as economics, public administration, social/political sciences, etc.
- Preferably some relevant credit analysis experience, ideally in public finance
- Good quantitative skills (e.g. through coursework, CFA (or equivalent), or relevant work experience).
- Good knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly.
- Fluency in German and English required. Other European languages are an asset
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.