Senior Business Manager, First Line of Defense Support - PB (Shanghai)
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
- The Senior Business Manager, First Line of Defense Support, Private Banking (PB) China Onshore, will be based in Shanghai Branch reporting to the Chief Operating Officer (COO), Private Banking North Asia and have a dotted line to the COO in the Shanghai Branch.
- This role serves the First Line of Defense Support (FLDS) lead to build and implement the PB China Onshore strategy, help the first line of defense (1LoD) in embedding and maintaining a robust culture, as well as maintain an effective risk governance and control framework in full compliance with the bank policies and standards and the "FLDS Mandate Guidelines", in PB Shanghai Branch to achieve long term PB China Onshore developments and growth targets.
- Coordinate with the PB China Onshore Location Business Management (LBM) and APAC FLDS for risk related areas and topics identified in the course of business, so that both risk and business attributes are well covered by LBM on business part and FLDS on risk and governance front.
- The individual should have the competence to advance their career path to a Director level LCOO role few years after gaining the expertise, and once the scale of the Onshore expands.
- Coordinate Branch Risk & Control meetings for senior management within the Branch
- Maintain and monitor the Onshore governance roles and responsibilities and outsourcing governance
- Organise location risk reporting, analysis (based on risk map, audit and regulatory reviews, incidents, key risk indicators, scorecard and control testing results) for the Onshore
- Seek to identify, assess and manage key operational and business-related risks and control related issues and mitigations in the Branch
- Coordinate regular management engagement meetings to share key observations, risk trends and analysis, recommendations and track progress
- Dedicated to conducting the Risk & Control Self-Assessment, track activities and actions for the business
- Committed to providing administrative support to the Onshore's higher management in performing supervisory controls and skip level reviews, and facilitate to reach recommendations as well as solutions
- Conduct thematic reviews and assurance control testings to ensure compliance of business and regulatory requirements
- Provide internal/external audits/review coordination support, facilitate to drive recommendations and solutions, track and supervise closure of audits/reviews and MICOS items
- Provide risk and controls by providing expertise, advice and training to key partners from front to back office
- Seek to establish business risk management procedures and standards working with regional and global risk business partners
- Coordinate with location and regional business partners on projects to ensure implementation of all business risk related tasks/projects
- Encourage risk awareness as well as the conduct and ethics standards, communication of risk cultural through regular alerts, risk culture town halls and training in PB Shanghai Branch
- Minimum 8 years of working experience in financial institution
- Proficiency in Private Banking business, practices and operations in China
- Analytical problem solving skills and a confident personality and can build positive relationships to interact with business partners across various departments (Front Office, General Counsel, Compliance, Operations, Product Management etc.)
- Excellent organizational, project and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize and multitasks
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, presentation and interpersonal ability.
- Outstanding MS Word, Outlook and PowerPoint skills
- Capable to frequent travel between Hong Kong, Singapore and China
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.