Cloud Engineer - Core Engineering
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net-worth individuals. Founded in 1869, it is one of the oldest and largest investment banking firms. The firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Bangalore, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong and other major financial centres around the world. We are committed to growing our distinctive Culture and holding to our core values which always place our client's interests first. These values are reflected in our Business Principles, which emphasise integrity, commitment to excellence, innovation and teamwork.
Core Engineering provides global thought leadership, solution development, delivery and support for a broad suite of technology products and services at Goldman Sachs. It leverages global expertise to develop leading-edge technology solutions that meet business demands and differentiate the firm's technology offerings in the marketplace. Core Engineering enables the operation of the firm by managing an extensive compute platform and global communication networks, while addressing technology, compliance and reputational risk and resilience. China Goldman Sachs business is headquartered in Beijing with significant presence in Shanghai and Shenzhen. Core Engineering has staff in Beijing and Shanghai and provide technical support across all business in China leveraging our global team as required. This role reports locally into China Core Engineering and regionally into product managers.
The Cloud Enablement Team within Core Engineering is responsible for enabling the use of public cloud services across the firm. You will be working as part of a China, multi-disciplinary team responsible for researching, architecting, building cutting-edge systems, and extending cloud enablement tools, best practices for Engineers in Goldman Sachs, China. We are at an early stage of modernizing our application stacks around cloud native principles with cloud first mindset, and you will be directly helping to implement and influence technology strategies that will give our business a competitive edge in China market! RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Skills And Experience We Are Looking For
- Strong development/devops experience of building/operating cloud native solutions on either of AliYun, Tencent, or Financial Community Cloud.
- Provide technical guidance on established best practices to internal engineering teams and where appropriate to the business
- Partner with engineering teams in providing integration solutions
- Become an expert of your domain and serve as an SME for your respective area
- Minimum 4+ years of programming expertise in one or more of the following languages: Java, Python, or Go
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English and Mandarin
- Experience with migration to public cloud/community cloud while meeting China regulatory requirements
- Team player, eager to work in a global rapidly developing organization
- Strong technical ability, willing to learn and evolve your skills with advances in cloud technology
- Analytical mindset, creativity and commercial focus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Degree qualification in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Agile, Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code frameworks such as Terraform
- Experience with Cloud migration, cloud security and automation will be advantageous
- Proficient in at least one public cloud platform AliYun, Tencent & Financial Community Cloud
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
Â© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.