Financial Control Retail
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Feb 19
Financial Control Retail
Financial control -
Senior business advisor Retail
Permanent, Full-time, Brussels
Your role & work environment
As a senior business advisor you are responsible to advise business using financial information and you have a leading role to support decisions in line with the targeted performance of ING Belux.
You maintain relationships with various stakeholders at senior management level in Belgium and also with Group Finance Business for your domain in Retail . You are responsible for the full Mid-Term Planning (MTP) and forecast process for your domain as well for the monthly, quarterly reporting within finance . You also provide ad-hoc support and advice for the different challenges in your domain. In addition you participate in Finance and business projects to improve results and processes.
You are interested to follow the Retail business in the banking world and are curious to follow the challenges in the different domains in Retail business : Private Individuals , Personal banking, Private banking or Micro-companies and self-employed. You want to advise the business in a proactive way to impact future performance while the business is in full transformation after integration of Record bank, with changing retail footprint towards more independent agencies and investing in strategic projects internationally.
You want to develop yourself as finance professional in Retail business.
Your key responsibilities
Act as Finance Business partner for business segment Heads ( @ Exco level) , their management team and their business manager and analysts .
Coordination of financial results presentations, analyses and advice (monthly, quarterly, yearly and budget & forecast ) to all stakeholders @ C level ( ING Belgium and ING Group )
Provide ad-hoc support for the stakeholders , Head of Financial Control , Head of Financial Control or stakeholders at ING Group level
Participate in Finance and business projects to improve performance, results and processes.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Senior Business Advisor you will also need the following:
- Experience as finance professional ( minimum 5 years of relevant experience )
- Strong business acumen . Experience in Retail business is an added value.
- Influencing & Communication with impact ( stakeholder management at senior level)
- Autonomy and proactivity
- Thoroughness and organisation skills
- Analytical & advisory skills. ( Ensure high quality, first time right deliverables and investigate and advise on complex issues )
- Stress resistant and not be afraid of flexible working hours in case of short deadlines
- Master's degree in economics, finance or equivalent
- Excellent knowledge of English (next to either French or Dutch)
- Advanced Power Point and Excel skills
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
- The possibility to participate in multiple courses and trainings throughout the year focused on both hard and soft skills
- Possibility to work on complex projects & tasks with a steep learning curve
- Broaden your experience in other domains
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that's centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!