- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
Vice President – Senior Analyst
Location: Sydney, New South Wales, AustraliaMoody's Corporate Finance Group in Sydney is responsible for rating all corporate investment grade and speculative grade issuers based in Australia and New Zealand.
- Conduct initial and on-going credit analysis on a dedicated portfolio of companies with public and private ratings.
- Monitor portfolio and perform and in-depth fundamental credit analysis on an ongoing basis.
- Regularly, comprehensively and effectively present to rating committees and other internal analytical meetings to assign and maintain credit ratings.
- Research and write in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused credit research on companies in the portfolio and relevant industry trends.
- Present at regular outreach events such as investor briefings, teleconferences, round-tables and third-party events.
- Maintain high profile relationships with issuers, investors and intermediaries, with f requent interaction with investors and intermediaries based upon industry and topical research written by the job holder.
- 10+ years of credit analysis or related experience, including cash flow analysis and cash flow based lending techniques, gained from a recognised financial institution or audit firm.
- Proven market sector expertise.
- Strong understanding of corporate financial policies, accounting and financial modelling.
- Demonstrable understanding of loan/bond transaction structures, associated documentation, and experience of reviewing such.
- Previous experience writing research in either an equity or credit market context, and a good knowledge of corporate and debt markets, would be highly advantageous.
- Good IT competency including advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Strong academic background at least equivalent to MSc/MBA in relevant areas
- CIMA /ACCA/CFA professional qualification would be highly beneficial.
- Has a proactive/"can do" approach to work, with a track record of demonstrating initiative and strong teamwork.
- Exercises sound judgement: capable of developing an independent opinion and defending own views.
- Communicates clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing.
- Exhibits a mature and balanced personality, with the ability to build strong professional relationships, manage complex client interactions, and represent the Moody's brand at a senior management level.
- Is highly organised and efficient, with ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Produces work to a high standard, with strong attention to detail.
- Fluency in English is essential.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.