Time Type: Full time
Worker Type: Employee
- Location: Sydney
- Type: Permanent, full time
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Underwriter to join the Commercial Motor Team. You will have the opportunity to use your insurance knowledge and underwriting skills in Commercial Motor while working collaboratively as part of a progressive national team. If you are passionate about delivering exceptional customer service, able to develop strong business relationships with our international broker partners and thrive in a fast-paced changing environment then we would love to hear from you! Your new role
This role will see you...
- Underwrite risks in accordance with defined limits of authority or class authority, organizational policy and underwriting standards
- Plan and implement a strategy to attract and retain high value customers and to improve poor performing policies
- Monitor client and market requirements and client feedback by conducting client calls and visits
- Ensure all documentation is accurate and complies with organisation guidelines.
- Provide efficient and timely service & problem-solving solutions to brokers and clients.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with all customers, intermediaries, and internal stakeholders
- Partner with Manager Partnerships team to proactively engage and work on a strategic plan to grow the business with targeted customer segments
To be successful in this Underwriting role you will have....
- Extensive Underwriting experience within insurance
- Broad insurance industry and exposure to commercial motor preferred
- Established customer/broker relationship management and communication skills
- Understanding of relevant Insurance market conditions
- Strong business acumen with the ability to analyse data and use for decision making
- Relevant problem solving and negotiation skills
We can never really predict what's around the corner, but at QBE we're asking the right questions to enable a more resilient future - helping those around us build strength and embrace change to their advantage.
We're an international insurer that's building momentum towards realising our vision of becoming the most consistent and innovative risk partner.
And our people will be at the centre of our success. We're proud to work together, and encourage each other enable resilience for our customers, our environment, our economies and our communities.
With more than more than 11,000 people working across 27 countries, we're big enough to make a real impact, but small enough to provide a friendly workplace, where people are down-to-earth, passionate and kind.
We believe this is our moment - what if it was yours too? Benefits
We offer a range of benefits to help provide holistic support for your work life, whatever your circumstances. As a QBE employee you will have access to and benefit from:
Rewards & Recognition
- 'Hybrid Working' - a mix of working from home and in the office to enhance your work/life balance
- Our 'Thriving at our Best' wellbeing program, including free holistic wellbeing coaching, nutritional, confidential counselling, financial and legal advice
- 12 weeks' gender-equal flexible leave for all new parents, including paid super
- The ability to maximise retirement savings through voluntary super contributions and company matching
- Income protection insurance & reimbursed Death and Total Permanent Disability insurance premiums
- Additional leave and support through QBE's Family Domestic Violence First Responder Network
- Discounts on insurance products, car hire, hotels, goods and services including benefits through our various sports and arts sponsorship partners
We value our employee's experience with us and are proud to have been recognised for the following awards:
- 2021 LinkedIn Top Employer & HRD Employer of Choice
- 2020 Best Workplace Diversity & Inclusion and Excellence Award for Best Health & Wellbeing at the Australian HR Awards
- Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI) Platinum Employer since 2022 - the definitive national LGBTIQ+ benchmark for workplace inclusion recognising employers achieving Gold status for 4 or more years
- Ranked 6th place in the AAGE Top Graduate Employers 2021 as voted by graduates
- Top 20 Workplaces for Dads in 2019 and 2020 (HBF Direct Advice for Dads)
- Family First accredited employer since 2021
Click APPLY to submit your application. Successful applicants will need to complete work rights, police and credit checks through our online provider as a condition of employment.
QBE recognise the value of diverse perspectives and experience. We are committed to an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected for who they are. If we can provide support with access requirements, alternative work arrangements or you would like to connect with one of our networks please contact us at email@example.com
Application Close Date: 04/12/2023 11:59 PM
How to Apply:
To submit your application, click "Apply" and follow the step by step process.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
QBE is an equal opportunity employer and is required to comply with equal employment opportunity legislation in each jurisdiction it operates.