Job Description Job Title:
API/ Microservices Lead/ Architect 1. Job Summary - highlight project details/what is exciting about the role :
We are looking for highly knowledgeable, self-motivated individual who can work alone and build systems from scratch to finish. An individual who has past experience conceptualising and realising migration of functions/ capabilities from old monolithic systems into microservices architecture. 2. Key Responsibilities - list what the person will be doing on a day to day basis:
4. Job Requirements As per the 2006 Age Discrimination Act please do not specify number of years experience. Use words like Extensive, Strong, Good, Fair Essential Skills:
- Deliver architecture, solution design and build API/Integration solutions leveraging microservice architecture
- Provide Integration Patterns, deep understanding of SOA/ microservices design principles and best practices with a focus on API and Integration across enterprise systems.
- Bring expertise in SOAP Web services, RESTful and RAML. Should have experience of API/ microservices bundling and lifecycle development and management.
- Provide architecture direction and design prescriptions which will help to create core patterns, frameworks and standards which would be leveraged throughout the project development life cycle
- Participate in solution design and development activities include working on creating API/Service specifications, RAMLs, Design and build necessary frameworks & utilities, develop APIs and Integration services from an approved project features and enhancement.
- Apply proper programming standards, documenting major changes from core functionality, etc.
Nice to Have Skills
- A strong background working in the capacity of IT Solution Designer / Architect in large corporate environments
- Experience working in integration projects (API's)
- Strong experience working with senior business stakeholders on design initiatives
- Medium to large enterprise system design and execution experience.
- Expert in data modelling, database design along with SQL & Non-SQL DBs.
- Expert level knowledge/experience in Micro-services design and experience in monolith to micro services migration is preferred.
- Event mesh, circuit breaker experience.
- Experience with multiple API gateways used in enterprise.
- Deep knowledge of Cloud, Docker, preferably with certification and micro-services, distributed programming
- Good understanding of design patterns
- Logging/reporting/eventing system experience - Splunk, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana
- Concurrent/Parallel programing experience in Java
- Security domain experience with good handle on Cryptography packages/APIs
- Intermediate in automation, testing and expert in tooling
- Basic knowledge/skill set with web front ends and dashboards
- Experience working in Agile environments
- Strong communication and documentation skills
- Node.JS, and NPM or YARN
- Experience with Openshift, Kubernetes, Service Mesh
- Experience with event streaming technologies viz. Kafka, Solace
- Experience with either Apigee, API Connect or Kong will be beneficial
- AWS and/or GCP Certification
- Java certification