Technical Architect - Tableau
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Customer Success Group Job Details What you'll be doing...
The Technical Architect (TA) is the Senior level Architect in the Professional Services Delivery team. At this level it is expected that the incumbent will be highly experienced as a Consultant/Architect, and proficient at end-to-end Solution Architecture and Customer engagement. The Professional Services Delivery team are the post-sales implementers of Tableau solutions, and therefore highly customer-facing. In this role, the incumbent will be expected to spend around 60% of their time with customers or dealing with customers in some way.
The TA owns the end-to-end customer relationship for Japan (outside of Japan as require), and manages the engagement to provide technical expertise, consulting on Tableau integration and best practices.
A key aspect of Consulting at Tableau is nurturing customers to drive adoption and repeat purchases. The TA is responsible for guiding the engagement to enable those objectives and providing feedback to the Sales teams about future opportunities.
The TA also owns the training and mentoring of the rest of the Regional Professional Services team and assists the Management team as necessary.
A key aspect of Consulting at Tableau is nurturing customers to drive adoption and repeat purchases. The Technical Architect is responsible for guiding the engagement to enable those objectives and providing feedback to the Sales teams about future opportunities. Some of the things you'll be doing include ...
Who you are...
- Become an expert in the features, benefits and application of Tableau's products - Deep understanding of our Server product(s) and it's integration into client solutions, and an intermediate level understanding of our Desktop/frontend product(s)
- Provide billable Professional Services to Tableau Customers
- Extensive travel to customer locations to provide delivery of Services
- Conduct Discovery exercises at customer sites, build detailed implementation plans, and coordinate the delivery of the solution
- Communicate via phone, email, face-to-face and web meetings with customers assisting and guiding them through the proposal and implementation process
- Generate Pre-Engagements Brief and Post Engagement Summaries for customers
- Provide ad-hoc onsite customer training / knowledge sharing
- Generate SOWs (Statement of Work) and Document final solutions for customers
- Help identify trends, training needs and new programs / services
- Own the customer relationship in strategic accounts for a given Region
- Assist Practice Managers, Professional Services Management and Sales with specific scoping or technical / guidance in pre-sales discussions
- Help mentor / coach other consultants
- Lead Technical enablement activities for Region, including hosting training and development sessions and disseminating information such as lunch and learn, white papers, technical workshops
- Provide both technical and non-technical guidance and support to technical resources within region
- Provide a broader appreciation of business issues and translate more complex customer requirements into achievable Tableau technical solutions that fall outside of native functionalities
- Build and maintain a library of reusable Service Delivery documentation templates (to include custom scripts and coding)
- Participate in or lead ad hoc side projects for the benefit of the worldwide Services Delivery organization.
- Participate in the Geography Management Team
- Excellent Communication. Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experienced. Relevant experience in Consulting or PS Delivery role in related industry. Experience managing application integration, database and ETL knowledge and SQL familiarity.
- Technically Savvy. Extensive Database skills (at least one of the following)- DB2, SQL Server, Oracle, Amazon RedShift, SAP HANA, Exasol or similar. Technical skill and/or ability to acquire in-depth knowledge and use of Tableau products.
- Domain. Degree or relevant experience preferred.
- Detail oriented. Handle details accurately and in a timely manner
- Problem Solver. Ability to solve problems with varying degrees of difficulty
- You are a Recruiter! Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring onboard to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Tableau will operate independently under the Tableau brand, driving forward a continued focus on our mission, our customers and our Tableau Community. The acquisition closed on August 1, 2019, and Tableau is a wholly-owned subsidiary of salesforce.com, inc.
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.