Once in the team, you will become a subject matter expert in network device engineering, systems and automation monitoring. Working as a Senior Systems Engineer you will be closely involved with the strategists, developers and infrastructure engineers.
What we're looking for
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or related discipline required;
- Minimum of five (5) years of engineering (network, distributed systems, embedded systems, IOT or industrial control systems) and/or design experience required;
- Strong problem solving experience required;
- Solid understanding of foundational technology concepts in networking such as dynamic routing protocols, multicast, Ethernet, TCP/IP, WAN layer 2 protocols, packet switching architecture and theory;
- Experience with Linux networking stack or routing suites (FRR, Quagga) a plus (IP namespaces, QoS, routing tables);
- Experience with packet level analysis for debugging and performance optimization required;
- Strong automation and scripting knowledge;
- Experience with shell, Python and/or Network Automation with Ansible.
- Takes ownership of projects and tasks
- Ability to work in an environment with frequent interruptions (a trading floor);
- Strong communication (verbal and written): ability to convey technically complex subjects in a clear and concise manner both to a very technical audience (your networking and system administration peers) and to an engaged, plus less technically knowledgeable audience (your trading team);
- Initiative: proven record of seeking continuous improvement in yourself and in your environment;
- Interpersonal: friendly and approachable;
- Time management, organization and prioritization;
- Attention to detail: thorough in work carried out;
- Teamwork: working together to meet deadlines.
We don’t post salary ranges externally so any salary estimate you see listed on a third party website was not provided by SIG and may not be accurate.
SIG is not accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at SIG via-email, the Internet or directly without a valid written search agreement will be deemed the sole property of SIG, and no fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by SIG.