- You are a problem solver with a strong background in Cyber Security Design and Engineering.
- We are one of the best and most advanced Cyber Security teams in Australia.
- Together we can contribute to protecting the group, its customers and community.
The Technology division delivers the group's information technology and banking operation functions to ensure the highest levels of customer service through world-class process excellence and technology innovation.
We support our people with the flexibility to balance where work is done with at least half your time each month connecting in office. We also have many other flexible working options available including changing start and finish times, part-time arrangements and job share to name a few. Talk to us about how these arrangements might work for you. We're hiring from across all of our technology hubs in Sydney, Melbourne and Perth. We really love working here, and we think you will too. Your new team:
Group Technology is responsible for the world-leading application of technology and operations across every aspect of the bank, from innovative product platforms for our customers to essential tools within our business. We also use technology to drive efficient and timely processing, an essential component of great customer service.
The Security Engineering team protects the group and our customers from theft, loss and risk events, through effective and proactive management of cyber security, privacy and operational risk. Your impact and contribution:
As the Staff Security Engineer, you are the subject matter expert and responsible for the end-to-end delivery and design across major security
solution and services. You will be able to work with new and exciting technologies, while making a significant impact through hands-on design, architecture and delivery, all while working across a large-scale security landscape.
The role's main focus will be working across encryption, threat modelling and offering advice and support across technical risk and security analysis. Your new team: Your impact and contribution:
As the Staff Security Engineer, you are the subject matter expert and responsible for the end-to-end delivery and design across a variety of cyber security initiatives, projects and uplifts. You will be able to work with new and exciting technologies, while making a significant impact through hands-on design, architecture and delivery, all while working across a large-scale security landscape.
The role's main focus will be working across data security, encryption, threat modelling and offering advice and support across technical risk and security analysis.
You will also:
We are interested in people who:
- Be responsible across security threat analysis and desing while driving the deployment across data security, IAM and software engineering, by leveraging your expertise in threat modelling, cryptography, access management and SDLC and have the ability to understand and assess key security controls across the group.
- Contribute and review design and engineering artefacts to ensure the group's policies, standards, objectives, regulations, compliance obligations and industry best practices are met.
- Identify security requirements, qualify threats to design and build countermeasures to minimise cyber risks.
- Secure business capabilities through consulting, contribution, and integration of security services.
- Providing guidance to juniors and peers on security concepts and/or contribute to security strategies like DevSecOps and security patterns etc.
- Ensure security requirements are being met through design and operating effectiveness.
- Facilitate the on-boarding of cyber security capabilities via the consumption of integration specifications and patterns.
Will bring experience across cyber security design and engineering, having previously worked across a similar large-scale business environment. You are proficient in managing cyber threats, data protection and security risk
while influencing, designing and implementing new and modern deployment initiatives. You will bring:
- Proficient in cyber security design including threat modelling, security in software engineering essential.
- Experience in data security including cryptography and key management solutions essential.
- Experience in managing large scale group security solutions.
- Understanding in IAM and or vulnerability management highly desirable.
- Proficiency in implementing cloud native security solutions in AWS preferred and/or Azure but not limited to.
- Experience DevOps/DevSecOps/CICD are highly desirable but not essential.
If this role is of interest to you please apply directly or reach out to have a confidential discussion in more detail.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest, x15ventures), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
We're aware of some accessibility issues on this site, particularly for screen reader users. We want to make finding your dream job as easy as possible, so if you require additional support please contact HR Direct on 1800 989 696.
Advertising End Date: 06/03/2024