Solution Engineer | Service Cloud
To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts. Job Category
Sales Job Details Service Cloud Solution Engineer (MELBOURNE/SYDNEY)
The Service Cloud Solution Engineer is responsible for presenting our Service and Support product offerings (Service Cloud) and architecture in the best light to prospects and customers based on a customer's specific business requirements. The successful candidate should bring experience that establishes credibility and maintain a presence / delivery that is confident and assured. The primary goal of our team members is to remove all technical objections related to Service Cloud in the sales cycle a nd to highlight the business value that Service Cloud can bring to any business.
To accomplish this, the Solution Engineer must have a strong desire to leverage their technical and/or sales skills, including the ability to solicit business requirements, develop a technical sales strategy, configure and effectively demonstrate the solutions that address these requirements and demonstrate business value.
The Solution Engineer will develop and manage programs designed to accelerate the growth of the Service Cloud business. The Service Cloud Solution Engineer will collaborate on cross functional initiatives and with other international teams to move the business forward. Responsibilities include
- Evangelizing Service Cloud value to customers (including c-level execs and IT) and field teams;
- Business requirements assessment and delivery of findings including key pain points, proposed solutions to meet business needs, and ROI where applicable Development of a technical sales strategy;
- Configuring and effectively demonstrating our solutions in a way that closely reflects each customer's business (tailored demonstrations);
- Discussing and proposing solution architecture that includes common call centre infrastructure integration, back-office system integration, and workflow process definition;
- Working well in a matrix organisation, including AE field sales, SE service executives and implementation partners;
- Execute enablement activities (Webinars, Best Practices, Knowledge Share, etc.)
The Service Cloud Solution Engineer works closely with Field Sales teams and Service Cloud Account Executives, their peers, and product management to deliver the appropriate solution and establish credibility and trust with the customer. Skills Required
- Deep functional understanding of call centre/contact centre operations and processes
- Curiosity and energy - ability to understand the customer's true pain points
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve technical problems in varied environments
- Ability to multi-task, work in a demanding team environment, understand and be responsive solutions creatively to establish a differentiated architecture and solution
- Previous experience as a Sales Engineer/Architect for a CRM company or similar technology
- Willingness to travel (up to 50% depending on location and assigned teams)
- Knowledge of related applications, relational database and web technology
- Application configuration experience (applied understanding of setups / configuration of to customer needs, work under tight deadlines, work independently, and a willingness to take ownership of problems Contact Centre related technology CRM solutions)
- Understanding of the Service Cloud product suite and platform
- Past experience with one or more of the following customer service solutions: Zendesk, ServiceNow, Live Person, RightNow, Microsoft Dynamics, Siebel, Oracle on Demand, Pegasystems, Kana, Nuance
- Contact or call centre-based applications experience is beneficial, including both telephony & WFO/WFM solutions (Amazon Connect, New Voice Media, Aspect, Genesys, Avaya, Cisco, Verint, NICE, Calabrio)
- Field-service applications experience is beneficial (Click Software, IFS, ServiceMax, TOA)
- Back-office / ERP system understanding - order management, accounts receivable / payables, collections, contracts (service), installed base
- Basic programming experience in HTML and other web based technologies is an advantage
- Workflow / BPM / integration experience
- Experience with relational databases such as Oracle and/or Microsoft SQL Server
If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form. Posting Statement
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.