Software Engineer - FICC Boltweb Technology
ENGINEERING What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
The Bolt-Web Engineering team in the FICC Division is looking for a developer to join their team which is responsible for the strategic platform for pricing, quoting and lifecycle automation in the division. This platform drives real-time decision making and trade-booking by traders and sales. This global platform is used across a number of business units in FICC (FX, Commodities, Interest Rates) to make markets for our clients on a daily basis. The ideal candidate would have experience and interest in building a large scale distributed system that is fast, accurate and highly reliable. They should also have commercial experience in Java.
The successful candidate will join a team of talented developers working on this highly visible and prestigious project. The opportunity will appeal to motivated individuals who want to work directly with front office trading desks. How will you fulfil your potential?
- Builds a unified world-class platform for pricing, quoting and lifecycle automation in various FICC derivatives products.
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills including experience speaking to technical and business audiences and working globally.
- Works with global teams on projects that will have global impact
- Proactively engages with stakeholders through the software development lifecycle (SDLC) of the projects
- Brings innovative thoughts and new ideas to the table
- 2+ years of professional Java development experience
- Excellent object oriented analysis and design skills
- Familiarity with automated testing, DevOps and Continuous Deployment
- Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Experience in NoSQL data stores, e.g. Cassandra, MongoDB or Elastic
- Experience in modern message oriented middleware, e.g. Kafka or RabbitMQ
- Experience in debugging distribution systems
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity