Software Development Manager
Amazon's network is a key differentiator for Amazon Cloud Computing and Web Services (AWS), enabling the global operation of thousands of applications across hundreds of thousands of servers worldwide. The Amazon Networking team develops and operates the network platform for all of Amazon including e-commerce products and cloud computing solutions. This platform is industry-leading for its efficiency, performance, reliability and scale and it is critical to the success of all AWS customers.
Amazon Networking is looking for a highly motivated leader to drive the development of software that enables measuring and improving the release of software to devices in our data center networks. You will be responsible for managing and developing a team of highly motivated software engineers that thrive on solving complex problems with innovative solutions in software and operating systems.
As the leader of this team, you will dive deep to understand Amazon's network architecture and partner with our network engineering, peer software teams and other AWS service teams. You will own the software quality and speed of delivery of all new solutions and identify opportunities to invent and simplify the systems used throughout the AWS network.
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to, defining the vision and roadmap for your team, hiring and developing industry-leading talent, program/project management, technology leadership, operational responsibilities for your solutions, and communicating with senior leadership and customers. This is an amazing opportunity in terms of scope impact and high visibility. We are looking for the highest quality candidates, so you should expect a rigorous interview process.
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation BASIC QUALIFICATIONS
• 5+ Years experience in managing an engineering team
• 5+ Years experience with network software & systems
• 7+ years of experience in high-tech product development
• Deep understanding of the network transport protocols, network hardware and network designs
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, electrical engineering or computer engineering or relevant experience. PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
• In-depth leadership skills, both tactical and strategic with proven results in driving the team to continually improve
• Experience running complex programs with multiple dependencies and tight timelines, coordinating your deliverables with the network engineering teams and vendors.
• Experience in building solid working relationships with customer, peers and staff
• Ability to represent operational issues to senior leadership and dive deep into the technical details when required
• Experience working in a fast-paced and strong technical environment
• Experience with NS-2 or NS-3 network simulation platforms