Overview Want to engage in business-critical roles from day one? Step onto the path to becoming a versatile problem solver!
SIG is looking for curious problem solvers in their penultimate year of university to join our 2024 Software Development Internship Program.
SIG is one of the world's largest market makers, with a unique approach to trading, technology, and research. While this background puts us at the top of our game, what really makes us successful is our quantitative approach to decision making and the collaboration between our employees. SIG Software Development Internship Program
SIG's technology team builds some of the most powerful trading systems in the financial industry. This includes large scale computations, real-time systems, high performance computing and petabytes of data. By integrating sophisticated coding techniques with innovative engineering ideas, we design and optimise systems that can process massive amounts of data while still ensuring high performance and stability. Working with traders and quantitative researchers, our systems engineers, network architects, technical analysts and software developers create industry-leading technical solutions. Your internship experience includes:
What we're looking for
- As a software development intern, you will be placed directly into a team for the duration of the program. This will help you gain a deep understanding of your line of business, while you build relationships with our full time employees.
- With your team's mentorship, you will be responsible for the full life cycle of your own project. You will have a hand in the requirements gathering, design, implementation, documentation, and testing of your work.
- Your project will be selected at the start of the internship to ensure your work is relevant and will continue to directly impact the business after the program ends.
- You will attend education sessions that will aid in your professional development, build your knowledge of trading, and how technology is impacting our industry
: Strong software development skills in any object-oriented language (we use C++, Python, and C# the most) and a solid knowledge of algorithms, data structures, and object-oriented design patterns.
: A passion for technology and a tinkering spirit.
• Effective Communicators: You enjoy building relationships with those you work closely with. You enjoy sharing ideas, expressing your thoughts, and listening to the views of others.
• Problem Solvers
: You enjoy solving puzzles and love it when you discover a solution to a difficult problem, with a demonstrated interest in strategic games and/or competitive activities.
• Penultimate Year Studen
t: Confirmed plan to graduate by December 2025 with a degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a similar technical major, Distinction average WAM, from an Australian or New Zealand University. What's in it for you:
• Our 10-week education program incorporating classroom theory, simulated learning, project work and on the job coaching.
• Our non-hierarchical culture allows employees of every level to thrive and make impact. We are not your typical trading firm - the environment is casual, collaborative and we focus on continuous development.
• Highly competitive remuneration.
• Fully stocked kitchen - daily breakfast and lunch.
• Regular social, sporting and community events.
• Wellness initiatives.
• Flights + Accommodation provided.
To learn more about the program and the role, visit Technology Campus Programs and a Day in the life of a Developer. Our Interview Process:
2. Online Assessment
3. Recruiter Conversation
4. Technical screen (LiveCoding)
5. Office Interview (Design & Team Fit)
6. Job Offer Equal Opportunity statement
We encourage applications from candidates from all backgrounds, and we welcome requests for reasonable adjustments during the recruitment process to ensure that you can best demonstrate your abilities. If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
SIG does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or search firms. Any resume or referral submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of SIG and no fee will be paid.