Services Account Manager (NSW)
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are searching for an experienced Services Account Manager to join our team based in Sydney.
You will be responsible for the ongoing identification, development, and assessment of IT infrastructure services and Hybrid Cloud business opportunities across the NSW State Government territory.
You will also be responsible for developing extensive executive and senior management relationships in client organisations which lead to being viewed as a "trusted advisor."
What will I be doing day to day?
- Work collaboratively with other IBM/NewCo business units and strategic channel partners to identify, develop and close deals within Infrastructure & Hybrid Cloud Services.
- Understand the client's business problems and help explore the underlying opportunities for IBM/NewCo Services.
- Apply thought leadership, leveraging business and technical knowledge to generate client interest.
- Advise clients on the best path to move from traditional infrastructure to a hybrid cloud model.
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge of all facets of the business development process within the cross IBM/NewCo services portfolio of offerings, along with demonstrating strong financial, business, industry insights and consultative selling skills.
- Create, articulate, and sell an innovative and compelling buying vision and value proposition to enhance the client's perception of IBM/NewCo and the competitive and strategic impact on their business.
- Help the client to understand IT impact on the business metrics and role of IBM/NewCo Services as an enabler to drive business forward for the client and industry.
- Accurate and timely forecasting of tactical and strategic business opportunities.
- Work closely with clients and IBM/NewCo resources during the sales process, lead the analysis, execute the marketing strategy and make final recommendation on pursuing engagement opportunities.
What skills and experience do I need to apply?
- Proven successful business development experience within IT infrastructure services and Hybrid Cloud.
- Demonstrate high proficiency levels for industry and possess business and consultative selling skills.
- A hunter gatherer approach, able to identify new leads and ability to establish relationships with c-suite level executives.
- Ability to identify, grow, and manage the opportunity pipeline to drive signings.
- Able to apply creativity and sound judgment in developmental work on complex opportunities, defining sales activities or other projects and initiatives within the business environment.
- Experience with a diverse set of cloud platforms: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure and Private cloud solutions built on Nutanix, Cisco and Dell.
- Knowledge and experience with NSW State Government is highly desirable
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise